Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This leader is directly responsible for providing system level leadership to the growing patient contact center solution at Optum360, and the best practice management of the self pay accounts receivable for acute and ambulatory clients. This positing is a critical member of the Revenue Cycle Operations leadership team; driving a strong patient experience and improvement in bad debt trends for our clients.
In addition to the leadership of the operational area, this position will have significant interaction with prospective and current client leadership. This individual must provide collaboration with technology and solution design teams, while continuing to deliver strong results to our clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leading a team to deliver consistent, strong results for the clients in the following areas:
- Self-pay account receivable cycle, to include early out, bad debt, statement cycle design, patient outreach and propensity to pay
- Patient contact centers to including appointment scheduling, customer service, early out and other functions per client agreements
- Strategic planning to deliver scalable, evolving solution to meet developing client demands. Collaboration with supporting areas to develop long term standard global operating model.
- Understanding the self pay collection cycle legal requirements and best practices and ensuring they are followed
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with client management leaders to ensure we are exceeding expectations and raising areas of concern proactively
- Effectively utilize tools and data to capture and continually improve client and patient satisfaction. Ensure leadership team is effectively monitoring and cascading this to the line level staff.
- Leads by example; promotes teamwork by fostering a positive, transparent and focused working environment which achieves maximum results.
- Collaborates with and seeks to influence leaders across the various functions to deliver effective outcomes, programs and service offerings to align with organizational goals and objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of management/consulting experience within the healthcare delivery system interfacing with enterprise level executives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with management of patient contact centers and the patient collection cycle
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic, operational and administrative decisions in response to emerging conditions and environmental circumstances
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining rapport and influence with clients
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing opportunities and develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique implementation challenges
- Excellent communication, leadership, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and support organizational change and assist individuals through the transition
- Capable of interpreting, communicating and executing organizational mission and value concepts to a wide range of organizational and community representatives
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s or equivalent
- Extensive contact center / CRM / telephony experience in patient contact related activities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: : Vice President, Revenue Cycle Operations, Self Pay AR, Patient Contact Centers, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote