Principal Sustainability Manager - Industrial Vertical Market
What you will do
The Principal Sustainability Manager supports the Business Development Director (BDD) on the Sustainability and FM Solutions Team; a fast-paced, growth-oriented, entrepreneurial team in Johnson Controls Building Solutions North America. The Principal Sustainability Manager role requires an outside-the-box thinker with the ability to rapidly adjust to changes in a negotiated/owner direct, sales support role. This role is responsible for developing solutions that positively impact our customers facilities and infrastructure including energy, sustainability, efficiency, operations, renewables, services, capital renewal, comfort, reliability…all elements of their building asset and infrastructure needs over its life-cycle. This role provides leadership in delivering a net zero energy improvements across a range of services including technical advisory, project development, design, engineering, renewable supply strategies, RECs and Carbon Accounting, and funding/procurement options. Although the solution is technical, operational and financial in nature, the preferred candidate will be highly organized, team-oriented, and have excellent customer facing skills. We are seeking a high achieving, proactive leader who is self-directed, internally motivated and operates with personal integrity.
Under the general direction the Engineering Director, the Solutions Development Leader provides engineering, operations, renewable resource, and financial expertise during the development process from concept through close. This demand requires a leader with exceptional technical, operational and customer support skills, while representing JCIs capabilities directly with customer subject matter experts. The successful leader will be responsible for developing the proposed solution including thought leadership in financial and operations structure, engagement and management of internal and external resources, financial analysis, presentations and support of the BDD in the selling process. This individual must be technically and analytically minded, and able to articulate ideas and concepts using proven strategies and the latest technologies to guide our customers towards innovative sustainable Net Zero and Decarbonization solutions.
The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated success in an external sales support or in an internal program supporting role, providing technical, operational and financial insight in support of energy and operational efficiency, sustainability/carbon and reliability/resiliency efforts in the Industrial marketplace.
How you will do it
* Challenge the status-quo and incorporate out of the box thinking every step of the way to optimize the efforts and improve customer satisfaction.
* Understand features and benefits of solution components; "solution components" may include JCI product, third party product, renewable energy, operations, maintenance, building services as well as financing, including JCI specific funding vehicles.
* Performs preliminary engineering and financial analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits, together with technical and financial benchmarking as required.
* Leads the development of facility improvement measures, and clearly defines division of scope responsibilities among Johnson Controls and external subcontractors
* Produce high-quality written outputs and data visualizations and present them to internal and external stakeholders.
* Create Proposals that include energy savings models, financial models, cost estimates and scopes of work for each assigned project.
* Directs the team in developing and maintaining competitively advantaged "Best Practices", analyses, current competitive information and profiles, and effective presentations and proposals.
* Possesses a strong understanding of the regulatory, legislative, and business environment, as well as procurement requirements that are typical of the Industrial Vertical market.
* Research the latest advances in sustainable technologies for both general building design and specialized manufacturing processes. Focus areas include energy, carbon, resiliency, water, waste, and health & wellbeing.
What we look for
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field with five to eight years' experience analyzing, developing and executing projects and programs related to sustainability (carbon) and energy within the targeted vertical market. MBA desirable. Possesses strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects. Fully competent in analysis and assessment of facility systems, compressed air, and industrial process. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, drive for results, focus on the customer, and acts ethically. Has good written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations. Proficient computer skills, including Office 365, Microsoft Project, and various benchmarking tools. Ability to travel 30%.
If hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.
- Building Services Engineering
- Business Development
- Business Efficiency