Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources and in cooperation with the AWBC Management Team, responsible for the strategic implementation and management of all aspects of the Human Resources function at the AWBC facility. This includes recruitment, employment, retention and succession planning, policy and procedure administration, performance management, compliance with all state and federal requirements, training, associate relations, safety compliance, associate events and programs and supervision of the Human Resources team in order to maximize the workforce to meet prescribed goals and objectives, reduce turnover and maintain a high level of associate commitment.
Role and Responsibilities
• Recruiting, Hiring, Retention
- oversee the process and make recommendations for improvement to insure the quality and quantity of applicants is sufficient to meet demand. Insure that the proper systems are being utilized to move applicants through the hiring process including the CareerBuilder Recruitment Management System.
- insure that systems are in place to meet all corporate, state, federal and safety requirements for associates including but not limited to Wage and Hour, EEOC, HIPPA, Workers Compensation, Unemployment Compensation or any other similar programs.
• Training and Safety Compliance
- insure that all associates are getting adequate and appropriate training for both OSHA related programs and general training programs to meet all safety and educational goals and objectives.
• Policy and Procedures
-review, revise and develop and implements Policies and Procedures that meet strategic goals and needs of the organization.
• Performance Management
- work with department heads to meet performance goals and objectives by providing coaching and counseling managers. Direct and coach managers regarding employee development or discipline. Insure appropriate follow up to all developmental or disciplinary actions.
• Associate Events
-develop and schedule associate events and programs to increase morale, increase teambuilding, commitment and loyalty to the organization.
- oversee and insure maintenance all required documentation and reports related to turnover, payroll and salary, incentives, Workers Comp, etc.
- serve as a leader, innovator and mentor to members of the management team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or similar program required. Master's degree preferred.
• Professional certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR) preferred.
• At least 10 years of Human Resources management experience, preferably in a warehouse or production center environment.
• Solid knowledge of employment law with ability to advise, coach and counsel managers regarding associate issues.
• Strategic thinker, planner and change agent.
• Excellent organizational and negotiation skills.
• Ability to prepare, manage and oversee budgets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Outlook required and experience with CareerBuilder and Lawson HRIS systems preferred. Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Training And Development
Senior Professional In Human Resources