To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Totowa, NJ
- BAE Systems
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Electronic Warfare (EW) - Systems Engineer
BAE Systems • Totowa, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Government - Federal
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Jamming, Electronic Attack (EA)and Electronic Support Measures (ESM) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW). Motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in these areas are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing and leading new Jammer techniques and ESM systems efforts for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one or more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops Jammer techniques / EA Techniques / ESM solutions to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate Jammer and geolocation algorithms.
e. Perform system level integration and test of EW systems.
f. Performs lab debug and analysis of EW systems.
g. Verifies and validates complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supports proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
Specific skills within the Electronic Support Measures (ESM)/Electronic Attack (EA) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Leadership skills and experience mentoring engineers on complex programs.
- System Architecture experience
- Understanding of Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM).
- Experience with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.- In-depth understanding of radar signal processing techniques including ECCM.
- Understands radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Understands RWR and SIGINT systems.
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance.
- Ability to effectively document, communicate, lead and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Job ID: 32205BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.