Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new state of the art Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first new stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience in providing the most innovative musculoskeletal & orthopedic care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
The Bone & Joint Institute is looking for a qualified IT/Informatics/Data professional to work on the orthopedic data registry that’s being developed.
Partners with Bone & Joint Institute team members as well as HHC ITS team focusing on surgical quality, business/operational data and information using Data Lake, clinical and billing information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and business intelligence tools that enable decision support, health information exchange and quality and regulatory oversight.
• Design and develop data quality rules to ensure data integrity, consistency and validity. Perform data quality checks and troubleshoot data discrepancies. Design and Develop operational, clinical, quality performance dashboards and visual analytics for new programs or initiatives. Supports BJI research department with data requests.
• Collaborates with vendor resources and work closely with system vendors, consultants, and technical services of any given affiliate to ensure data/report development, testing and implementation meet BJI specifications and operational needs.
• Validates and signs off on data, possesses QA validation skills, troubleshooting skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skill set
• Plays an active role in managing the technical build, develop and testing of the system. Responsible for validating the appropriate technological solution for various reporting needs, creating new custom reports or modifying existing reports as necessary.
• Documents and maintains all required system design, build documents and configures system accordingly.
• Approach problems constructively by focusing on how to move the project forward, explores and analyzes alternatives
• Proponent for change and demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, ingenuity and innovative thinking and organizational skills.
• Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to influence others within their sub-team in addition to the broader program team, while maintaining a strong focus on achieving results
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field required.
• Proficient in SQL (Advanced level) and 3-5 years of solid experience in advanced level of writing stored procedures and functions
• 3-5 years’ experience working with relational and dimensional data and database schemas in a multi-platform environment
• 2-3 years’ experience designing and developing executive dashboards, visual analytics and variance insights for key performance improvement initiatives
• Experience in the healthcare industry working with Electronic Health Records and a variety of operational and business systems in the hospital and ambulatory setting. EPIC clarity experience a plus, working with surgery data a plus
• Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Thoughtspot, zoom data a plus
• Experience working with statistical tool such as SAS, SPSS, R a plus
•Familiarity with data governance tools a plus
• Must be able to understand data set and troubleshoot data discrepancies
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to translate complex or diverse information into simpler terms and concepts.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
• Out of the box thinker, self starter and should be able to work collaboratively with cross functional teams across matrix organization.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)
Business Intelligence Tools