How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Sign on Bonus available for qualified experienced Social Workers or Registered Nurses.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an opportunity for a Senior Social Worker Care Coordinator
The Senior Social Worker Care Coordinator serves as an expert resource for complex patients/ situations and serves as a guide/consultant to the other care team members surrounding patient psychosocial and resource needs. Is an expert with supporting community-based service offerings (indigent care support groups, specialty care) and offers guidance to patients/families as well as other care team members. Is responsible for selected functions related to Advance Directives.
The Care Coordinator SW Sr. is responsible for providing psychosocial assessment for patients with the appropriate planning for follow up care. The Care Coordinator SW Sr. collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to provide care and support to the patient and family in a wholistic manner and serve as an expert on issues related to psychosocial, end of life care, planning, resource needs, counseling services utilizing evidence-based standards and appropriate documentation n the patient record. The Social Worker will provide resource and information necessary to aid patient/families in decision making up to and including support for end of life or funeral care. The Care Coordinator SW Sr. role include, discharge planning and assessment of patients and family’s needs for post discharge services, including post-acute care and placement, transition of care, pharmaceutical applications, providing information and counseling services to help the patient cope/adjustment to illness, hospitalization, anticipatory grief, death and bereavement, and other situations that may arise.
The Care Coordinator SW Sr. will collaborate/participate in ensuring that education on chronic care conditions selfmanagement such as CHF, COPD and other key focus conditions are completed. The Social Worker will coordinate and lead family conferences to plan timely patient disposition, will guide and support the other Social Workers with family care conferences and physician level meetings. The Social Worker will participate in the training of new social work hires and may assist other LMSWs in case reviews and discussion of difficult situations, to include, but not limited to assessing suicide ideation, bereavement risk and other similar scenarios. May have other duties assigned as appropriate.
Required Minimum Education
- Master’s degree in Social Work with either LMSW or LCSW licensure
Required Minimum Certification
Required Minimum Experience
- At least three years of experience in a healthcare in the acute care setting, related field or skilled care environment or community.
- A background as a medical social work in an acute care setting highly preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Knowledge of Case Management process. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable regarding local, state and federal regulations required
- Knowledge of community and state-wide resources and programs
- Ability to function well under stress. Self-directed
- Ability to build and sustain trust with physicians and other care team members
- Strong ability to lead teams
- Must possess maturity, self-confidence, objectivity, and positive attitude
- Ability to empathize and manage change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effect change, performs critical analysis, promote client/family autonomy and plan and organize effectively for the continuum of care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft office suite products, ability to handle change and function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to guide and educate families and the care team
- Case Management
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
- Medical Social Work
- Social Work
- Chronic Care