OConnor Construction Management, Inc. ( OCMI ) is a full service, independent construction management company with over 39 years experience in the industry. We have offices in Dallas, Las Vegas, Seattle, Charlotte, Washington D.C., and throughout California, serving a broad range of markets: Federal Government, Infrastructure, Energy, Education, Hospitality, Healthcare, and Commercial/Retail. Our diverse staff includes Construction Managers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Estimators, and Scheduling experts.
Please apply to this position if you would like to be added to our database and considered for current and/or future Scheduler positions that may become available in various locations. Do not hesitate to tell us about your desired location, desired experience level (Entry Level, Mid-Career, Senior), or anything else that you would consider interesting future. If an opportunity comes up that matches your interests, we will reach out. All entries will remain strictly confidential.
The Scheduler responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently create, review and/or analyze CPM schedules in an efficient and comprehensive manner.
- Effectively utilize available techniques and software to provide the greatest value to the client and OConnor in pursuit of this goal.
- Create CPM Schedules, Baselines and Updates, at all levels of project development, independently or as part of an external or internal team.
- Understand principles of cost estimating and productivity in establishing schedule parameters (durations, cost and resource loading, etc.).
- Work with Project Managers, client, and others throughout the design process to evaluate the appropriateness of project duration.
- Generate graphical and tabulated reports to demonstrate and analyze contractors performance and progress
- Develop a comprehensive plan that communicates clients project and strategic goals
- Demonstrate a realistic and feasible planning approach
- Investigate and incorporate project constraints in planning effort Meet all contractual compliance requirements
- Be capable of communicating schedule and positions in a formal meeting, presentation, or negotiation
- Communicate effectively through clear and concise means appropriate to the projects goals (verbal, written, schedule graphics)
- Perform CPM Schedule reviews to the same level of detail, as noted above.
- Minimum of one or more years of experience in vertical construction/base building and renovations.
- One or more years of successful CPM scheduling experience for construction/engineering projects utilizing Primavera Scheduling Software.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, construction or related field.
- Must have an understanding of construction means, methods, and sequences.
- Strong understanding of schedule delay principles and techniques.
- Understand the Critical Path Method of scheduling theoretically and as it applies in project.
- Understand the contractual clauses as it applies to planning and scheduling.
- Ability to understand and accurately interpret construction documents (drawings, specifications, contracts/general conditions) at all levels of design.
- Ability to read and interpret RFPs, RFIs, etc.
- Ability to integrate a master schedule with a multitude of projects.
- Primavera Scheduling Software (P6, latest Version)
- Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio (Preferred)
- Microsoft Project
- Other Graphic Software
- Architectural Drawing
- Comprehensive Planning
- Contract Management