A Packaging Engineer job in Fife, WA. is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You will design, test, and implement designs for the Product development process around materials used to wrap and protect our Windows and Doors. You should hold a bachelor’s degree along with three-plus years of experience in creating and designing industrial or consumer boxed goods. Looking for an experienced candidate to sit at one of our Western Region manufacturing facilities, either in Fife, WA., Sacramento, CA., Simi Valley, CA., or Temecula, CA. Salary is dependent on experience.
Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Packaging Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Design, test, and implement designs that are an integral part of Milgard’s Product development process.
- Oversee complete development process, including the creation of designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Investigate root causes of new and existing problems involving designs, materials, and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze drawings and specifications of products to determine physical characteristics of an item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required.
- Identify and implement cost-saving initiatives related to materials, labor efficiency, transportation, storage, and disposal.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure that the material designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- At minimal, a bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical but a Packing Engineering degree is preferred.
- Three plus years of experience in creating and designing industrial or consumer materials used to wrap or protect goods.
- Experience with 3D CAD software. SolidWorks is preferred.
- Artioscad is a requirement.
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. This role is a great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k with a match – 100% of the first 4%
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
If you are interested in this Packaging Engineer job in Fife, WA please apply now. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
Solid Works (Cad)
Computer Aided Design
3 D Modeling