Atkore is forging a future where all Atkore brands, suppliers, employees, customers, partners and communities are building better together a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and protect the world. With approximately 3,900 employees and 65 manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore manufactures electrical conduit, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions. Atkores commitment to quality, delivery and value helps customers realize their vision. Atkore forges relationships and shapes the future with breakthrough results, enhanced technology, and innovative product offerings.
We are currently searching for a Human Resources Manager to be based out of our facility in Byesville, OH. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, this persons primary focus will be to guide and manage the overall human resources function for this location. This individual will oversee recruitment and retention, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, training, and compensation in the plant. They are responsible for the development and administration of HR policies and procedures, as well as administering corporate policies. This position has a strong relationship with the site plant manager and leadership team and must be able to understand business issues and bring solutions that advance the greater interests of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources, including plant experience.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with plant and functional leadership, as well as business unit leadership to get input on HR decisions and ensures delivery of high-quality HR processes.
- Drives Engagement and Alignment (cultural) initiatives locally. Plans and organizes company events, e.g. luncheons, picnics, recognition, etc.
- Directs employment activities assuring the timely placement of qualified employees in salaried, hourly and temporary positions.
- Leads talent management and performance management-related activities. Measures performance in various areas of human resources and works to root-cause and countermeasure on areas where needed.
- Conducts research into personnel programs, policies and activities and employment law and recommends strategies, changes or innovations where appropriate.
- Understands, interprets, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Develops programs, policies, procedures and controls regarding employment and analyzes people-related metrics.
- Analyzes training needs to design employee and leadership training and development, including safety programs.
- Develops, delivers and supervises training programs; supervises new employee orientation.
- Ensures compliance with employment-related laws (EEO, OSHA, FLSA, ADAAA, FMLA, WARN, etc.).
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; prepare EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, such as reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Represents Company in all personnel hearings, investigations and related employment litigation. Maintains necessary records.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database, as well as updates job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Administers wage and salary policies while ensuring competitive rates of pay and competitive benefits.
- Provides support for other duties and projects either locally driven or from Corporate. May be assigned as a subject-matter expert/best practice lead on one or more human resources disciplines, company-wide.
- Organizes and works independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and completes assignments within specified deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant Human Resources experience, including plant-level HR experience.
- Experience in lean manufacturing or a business system-based company is a plus.
- People-oriented and results-driven.
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company; ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkores culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customers experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, thats how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way thats consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Fair Labor Standards Act