To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Technical Consultant
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Sacramento, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices around the US, in Canada and in Europe. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base.Responsibilities
PCG currently seeks a Senior Technical Consultant with proven infrastructure, application development, and supporting process expertise. The person will work with senior business and technical personnel to provide services to PCG projects. This position will assess and report on application development practices, infrastructure design and deployment including cloud-based solutions, databases, security practices, and maintenance-and-operations plans and practices. A strong understanding of all aspects of solution development using both waterfall and agile methodologies for large complex public sector solutions is required.
• Assess and report on the architecture, design, development and maintenance of technical infrastructure and applications based on an understanding of technology and its application to business and customer requirements
• Assess and report on the design, development and implementation of data interfaces and exchanges with internal and external systems
• Assess and report on the solution’s development, test, production and other environments design and configuration for both on-prem and cloud-based solutions
• Assess and report on the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, both waterfall and agile, to verify that they are consistent with best practices and standards.
• Assess and report on deliverables as measured against best practices in system engineering
• Assess and report on technical security policies, plans, procedures, and practices
• Provide proposal development support
• Manage and build upon client relationships using strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform code reviews and report on the results for front-end and back-end code at the request of project management including code behind and SQL queries and stored procedures
• Ability to perform network and web application penetration testing
• Ability to develop, execute and assess solution testing requirements
Required Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated history of performing the Required Capabilities listed above
• Significant experience in designing, assessing and reporting on software solutions to meet customer business needs
• Experience with cloud-based hosting solutions – AWS preferred
• Thorough understanding of application development methodologies and design patterns
• Experience with application source code management and build practices, including continuous integration
• Successful experience working on large public sector technology projects
• Accurately estimate work and meet deadlines
• Fluent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with customers, business teams, and technical colleagues
• Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited university
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel up, possibly up to 50%
Desired Position Requirements:
• Advanced degree(s) in engineering or computer science
• CISSP certification
• Certified Ethical Hacker Certification
• Web Application or other Penetration Testing certification
• PMP and/or PMI-ACP
• ISTQB certifications
• Experience with ERP solutions