Our engineering teams are endlessly creative in theirmission to build the world's most incredible foodservice equipment for ourcustomers. We think outside the box to design the most efficient and reliablecomponents. Our mission is to bring innovation to life each and every day withvisionaries like you.
If this gets your taste buds tingling, what are you waiting for? Discover theWelbilt career opportunities open now.
We are Welbilt! We arepioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch backnearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' WelbiltStove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food andbeverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent andbuild careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you.We win together as one team.
As Staff Reliability Engineer, you will beresponsible for providing leadership on driving product reliabilityinitiatives. This includes developmentand execution of reliability plans within the New Product Introduction (NPI)process for all major projects, warranty failure data analysis and leading theresulting improvement projects, as well as reliability test plan developmentfor key cost reduction efforts to assure system and subsystem level reliabilitygoals are met.
Reporting directly to the DirectorReliability, this position will be based at one of our manufacturing locations,preferably Sellersburg, Indiana*.
- Developand lead reliability plans on assigned New Product Introduction programs.
Developand lead reliability plans for key component cost reduction efforts.
Identifyand prioritize warranty improvement opportunities through best practice lifedata analysis and lead the resulting improvement projects.
Providestatistical expertise and support to the organization as necessary.
Key Tasks &Responsibilities:
- Participateon NPI teams and lead reliability efforts driving activity to meet system levelreliability goals. This includesrefinement of reliability metrics, reliability prediction efforts, DFMEA forreliability critical components, reliability demonstration/improvement testing,field test setup and monitoring, reliability growth analysis, and FRACAS.
Participateon product cost reduction teams. Thisincludes leading the assessment of product/component reliability forrecommended design/supplier changes.
Reviewwarranty failure data and lead resulting projects. Utilize root cause problem solvingmethodology and statistical data analysis techniques to drive improvement incurrent product platforms.
Assistwith development of reliability processes and standards, including the trainingand development of project teams in reliability best practice.
Providestatistical support to the organization as necessary, including but not limitedto statistical sample size calculations, life data analysis (Weibull analysis),Design of Experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required, preferably in Mechanical, Reliability or Technology.
- Five years reliability experience in engineering.
- Eight years of product design experience.
- Excellent statistical analysis capabilities and utilization of data to support problem resolution.
- Proficient in the use of reliability and data analysis tools (DFMEA, FTA, Weibull, ALT, HALT, FRACAS, and other statistical prediction and failure analysis tools).
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio.
- Familiar with engineering methods and practices such as FEA, Fatigue Analysis and Physics of Failure Analysis.
- Trained in formal root cause analysis methodologies such as Six Sigma, DFSS, 8D, TQM, PDCA.
- Ability to utilize project management techniques to manage and communicate project timing and resource requirements.
- Proficient with the use of Minitab or equivalent analysis software and tools.
- ASQ or CRE certified, preferred
- Background in electrical and refrigeration systems.
- Primary work location is a normal office environment; Project work will require time in test lab environment and visits to suppliers and customers.
- Experience in thermodynamics / heat transfer.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time, mostly domestic, some international.
*Sellersburg, Indiana is aleading provider of ice/beverage dispensing equipment, blended beveragesystems, long draw beer systems, and pre-chilling units for the globalfoodservice industry. The facility in Sellersburg is a division of Welbilt,Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides theworld's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents withindustry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutionsare powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise.Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™,Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™,Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands aresupported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts andservice brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, andKitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in theTampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sellthrough a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100countries. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
Welbilt,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in theworkplace. All applicants shall receiveequal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color,religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status,or medical condition. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers andpromotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge and abilities,and the feasibility of any necessary job accommodation(s).
Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis
Failure Reporting Analysis And Corrective Action Systems
Design For Six Sigma
Total Quality Management
(American Society For Quality) Asq Certified