To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Franklin Energy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Agricultural Energy Advisor II
Franklin Energy • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This Agricultural Energy Advisor II is responsible for providing one-on-one outreach directly to farms (dairy, poultry, hogs, cash crops) and other agribusinesses along with the energy efficiency service providers that serve them. They will also promote the energy efficiency program to industry associations that serve the agriculture sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- The Energy Advisor will create working relationships with customers and service providers and provide continuously follow up to ensure the program is on track.
- The Energy Advisor will be responsible for conducting on site energy assessments to identify and promote energy efficiency opportunities across a variety of technologies such as LED lighting, high speed fans, air compressors and other farm specific equipment. Once a project is identified, help the farmer throughout the entire process from application through implementation.
- This role combines field work with office time (typically 3 field days to 2 office days per week) where they will be responsible for providing energy advice and coordination services for customers.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the agriculture industry, on farm experience and working knowledge of energy efficiency technologies applicable to the agriculture sector.
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the company's Sales Process, including but not limited to;
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment-i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered
- 3-5 years of experience required in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Previous experience managing staff performing proactive customer outreach activities
- Energy Efficiency experience - Preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in energy efficiency and/or energy modeling
- 2-3 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Must be flexible to handle a wide work variety and work at a fast pace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable Transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to travel less than 50% or more of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer