To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, VT 05676
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Deductions/Credit and Collections Specialist
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Waterbury, VT
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in the Waterbury, Vermont (VT) is seeking a Deductions/Credit and Collections Specialist on a temporary basis. Responsibilities include:
- Performs tasks with limited supervision and is able to handle complex tasks
- Contributes to team projects related to process improvement
- Cross-train on multiple functions within AR
- Inbound and outbound collection/deduction activities
- Negotiating payment plans, credit terms, and credit limits
- Maintaining weekly aging, deduction, and top accounts past due reports
- Monitor order holds process
- Determine accounts to be turned over to collection agency or attorney for further collection activity
- General account maintenance, including applying credits to invoices, facilitating correction of misapplied payments, and researching deductions and overpayments
- Produce documentation required by customers for payment/deduction processing
- Reprinting statements and invoices upon customer request
- Coordinate management of customer accounts with Customer Care, Sales, and Service Dispatch
- Deduction management
- Provide support for Billing and AR staff as necessary
- Support adherence to internal control processes
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Performs other job related duties as requested by management
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's values, policies and applicable laws
- High School diploma or GED / equivalent required; Bachelor's degree highly preferred with 2-4 years of experience in applying hands-on knowledge in credit and collections and deduction management
- Solid understanding of Billing, AR, and Credit and Collections procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with SAP and web based applications preferred
- Understand and support the -order to cash- process
- Solid negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential financial information appropriately
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail
- Self-motivated positive team player with ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with company policy
- Basic analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including overtime
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to uphold safety standards, participate in continuous process improvement on the job, and follow our manufacturing best practices
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions