Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Production Associate is an entry level role in our bakeries and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers. You will be responsible for operating high-speed production equipment.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great starting pay: $17/hr!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Anticipated Schedule: 3rd Shift: 11PM - 7AM, Monday-Saturday; Days off Vary.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You are focused on the consistent production of a high-quality product in a baking facility by performing various duties; including: the safe operation of machinery, packaging products, mixing ingredients, sanitation, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
- You will examine and reject products that do not meet specification; observe, maintain, and address issues to prevent and reduce waste.
- You may relieve associates for breaks/lunches as well as performs all job functions of these positions. May fill in for absent positions in production or packaging areas.
- You may be responsible for proper interpretation of all formulas and development of all dough's, including but not limited to time, temperature, weight, and exceptions to formulas.
- You will accurately measure ingredients and load ingredients in the proper order into the mixer and maintaining mixer schedule.
- You must follow, demonstrate, and understand all Environmental Health & Safety (OHS) requirements.
- You will maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- You will meet Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements.
- You will participate and successfully completes all Company approved and required training, audits, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time (except for break and lunch periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a dusty, loud and hot environment.
- Must have good written and oral English language communication skills.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off) and work nights, holidays and weekends (frequently required).
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Personal Protective Equipment
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Packaging And Labeling