To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Acton, IN 46259
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Airport Maintenance Technician
Indianapolis Airport Authority • Acton, IN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Airport Maintenance Technician ($22.00/hr)
The Airport Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, and continuous operation of all equipment on airport property which is powered by electricity including but not limited to all airfield electrical and electronic systems, radios, loading bridges, baggage conveyor systems, HVAC systems, building electrical and electronic systems, and parking garage revenue systems, and Airport security systems.
• Perform daily airfield lighting repairs at all 6 Airport Authority owned facilities
• Conduct service, inspections, and repairs of all electrical systems. Test automatic transfer and emergency power systems
• Troubleshoot, repair or replace electronic and electrical systems using schematics, blueprints, and electrical test equipment
• Troubleshoot, repair or replace fiber optic systems
• Conduct the preventive maintenance program for all electric , electrical mechanical, and HVAC equipment, including cleaning, adjusting, lubricating, monitoring or replacing parts
• Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all electrical, electrical/mechanical, and control components of Airport baggage conveyor systems
• Proficient in welding and metal working
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all HVAC systems, including chillers, boilers, air handling units, hydronic systems, pneumatic systems, building automation systems, and all associated components
• Design, build and install new electronic and electrical systems that includes the installation of conduit, electrical wiring, data cable, fiber optics, and service panels
• Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical, electronic, and PLC(Programmable Logic Controller) control systems
• Repair, replace and inspect the airfield lighting control system
• Assist with the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, electrical mechanical, and HVAC systems associated with glycol recovery and its treatment
• Calibrate all airfield lighting systems in accordance with FAA regulations
• Report any unusual security situations to the Safety Department
• Security systems responsibilities include the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of Airport Access Control System including alarm doors, vehicles gate, CCTV system, audio visual system, and all associated components and their controls according to TSA regulations
• Install, repair, and maintain VHF and UHF mobile radio units
• Troubleshoot and repair Public Address System
• Participate in snow removal operation as directed responding on a 24-hour basis to the needs of the airport
• Respond on 24-hour basis for emergency repairs to all Airport systems
• Perform any other functions assigned
• Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school or any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of this position
• Two years' experience in welding and metal working
• Five years of experience as an electrician
• Prior experience in high voltage repair, electronics repair, and electrical/mechanical repair
• Prior experience in maintaining and repairing electrical, electronic, and electrical/mechanical equipment
• Successfully complete basic electricity courses at a vocational college
• Successfully complete high voltage training program
• Have knowledge of exterior and interior lighting systems, underground cable, transformers and emergency generators
• Be able to read blueprints, schematics, and construct electrical and electronic systems consistent with the national electrical code.
• Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers
• Ability to perform the physical and cognitive tasks outlined in the job description
• Basic working knowledge of computer systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, sit, use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100+ pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Climbing of ladders, stairs, and poles. Work at heights of 75 feet or less. Work performed on high voltage lines and equipment. Exposure to moving machinery with nip points, life threatening situations, hazardous chemicals, outside elements, and high stress situations. Position also is required to work extended continuous work schedules. Operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver's license. Use of a computer, portable radio and other personal assistance devices (tablets or mobile phone) as needed.
• Work environment: This position is performed within an office environment at least 30% of the time. The other 70% the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. With multiple worksites the noise level varies from the office environment and the outside environment. The incumbent in this position is expected to work independently and as part of the team.
The following positions will report directly to the incumbent of this position: None