To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Cabot Road
Medford, MA 02155
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager (Payroll/Compliance)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Medford, MA
Posted 2 days ago
At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant-directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly-funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant-directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).Responsibilities
We’re seeking an experienced operational manager to oversee our payroll compliance department. The Payroll Compliance Manager will be responsible for various compliance functions across several state programs. A successful candidate will acquire in-depth knowledge of the payroll application and be able to trouble shoot compliance related issues. Candidate must be able to work under deadline pressure, thrive on change and challenge and be process improvement minded. This individual will be expected to become the subject matter expert in Compliance functions and answer questions for the associates. He/She will be responsible for implementing and enforcing policies that ensure compliance functions are performed appropriately, track staff performance, discipline staff if necessary, and report to the Sr Payroll Manager. This candidate will assist the Sr Payroll Manager and Director of Financial Operations Center to develop and enhance PPL's technical and operational capacity to deliver financial services processing in multiple states.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Ø Manage Daily Payroll Compliance Department
• Manage Process for Verification of Employment, Garnishments, New Hire Reporting, Workers Comp, Union Dues, Budget Utilization Reporting, Office of Inspector General, Office of Attorney General, Unclaimed Property
- Creating, updating, analyzing reports and identifying areas of improvement
- Updating and monitoring Productivity and Quality Metric reports
- Ensure staff are effectively performing all responsibilities as outlined in job description
- Ensure staff understanding of daily priorities, level of effort, and deadlines
- Manage staff against performance goals and follow up on areas of deficiency
- Conduct quality audits to ensure departmental procedures are being met
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees
- Troubleshoot issues on a daily basis and follow the established escalation process when necessary
- Supervise staff to ensure resources are adequately coordinated to meet contractual obligations
- Evaluate internal controls and identify staff training needs on an ongoing basis
- Establish and implement project policies and procedures
- Coordinate staff schedules, training and onboarding
- Interview, and hire team members, conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains
- Contributing member of the Payroll Operations leadership team
- Identify management information system issues and work with IT staff to execute a solution
- Represent Payroll Operations in virtual or in-person meetings
Education: Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, Master’s Degree a plus
Experience: 5 - 8 years prior managerial experience, with up to 22 direct reports, multiple function management a plus
Skills: Experienced Leader
Detailed and process improvement oriented
Excellent project management and supervisory skills
Analytical and Strategic Thinker
Cost savings analysis
Excellent PC spreadsheet and database skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience in developing high performing teams
Advanced ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel
Possession of key management competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making
Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean methodology a plus
Knowledge of Scrum a plus