Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com and www.AerojetRocketdyne.com.
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks an Accounting and Financial Support 4 - Payroll Processor to work at our Huntsville, Alabama location.
Under minimal supervision, the Accounting & Financial Support - Payroll Processor performs a variety of moderately complex support tasks in accordance with specific instructions and established work procedures related to the Payroll functional area. Independent, self-motivated individual with strong organization skills and attention to detail. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
80% - Processing of Payroll documents received from various departments and employees:
- Performs financial support in the area of Payroll by following written instructions, verbal directions, and take direction from designated Payroll supervisor or lead.
- Prepares Payroll data for entry which includes research of advice to pays, editing and verifying proper documentation and other validation steps such as reviewing timecard and pay data for accuracy.
- Processes Payroll documents into the Payroll system.
- Follows defined exception handling processes.
- Tracks time or turn backs as directed for metrics reporting.
- Performs Payroll controls with attention to detail including validation of payroll to the documents received to ensure payments to employees are accurate and have proper approvals and attachments.
- Good written and verbal communication skills sufficient to describe the issue and request the action, using punctuation and standard verbiage provided by work instructions.
- Performs specialized calculations on wages such as personal Income Tax, deductions, premium time and W2 fields for tax reporting.
- Performs Timekeeping audit and timecard corrections IAW policy and directives.
20% - Additional Responsibilities:
- Assists in processing off-cycle check disbursements.
- Performs other administrative duties such as opening and distributing mail, printing, filing, pulling employee/payroll files for audit requests as required.
- Interfaces with Payroll management and internal customers for reporting of payroll data.
- Other special projects as required by management.
High School diploma or equivalent and seven (7) years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Requires current experience in a high volume, multi-state Payroll department using ADP Enterprise EV5 and Oracle timekeeping systems.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions to accomplish assignments of a routine and repetitive nature.
- Required to operate a computer and other business software and equipment.
- Ability to prepare reports using spreadsheets and word processing applications.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.