Join one of the largest Not for Profits and lead their clean energy initiative to iriginate and facilitate the development of customer-sited solar and storage projects.
Not for Profit, public power organization who currently leads renewable energy with 70 percent of the electricity they produce is clean renewable hydropower.
- Manage project and grow pipeline year over year in clean energy (solar PV, battery storage and additional renewables) to meet annual implementation goals.
- Foster collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Build trust and establish relationships with customers.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for development of new products and programs related to distributed energy resources.
- Be a thought leader in renewable energy offerings and represent [client] in outreach efforts, conferences, and webinars.
- Lead budgeting process, manage P&L and costs, and provide forecasts based on the market aligning with organizational strategies.
- Develop engineering and project management professionals through coaching, feedback, and customized support for each individual.
- Knowledge of renewable energy market and emerging business delivery models including renewables, distributed energy resources, electrification, and smart grid deployment.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills. Must possess the ability to organize information and customize presentations for audience.
- Highly interpersonal, team-oriented, and a supportive management style.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to think creatively and critically when solving problems.
- Strong project management skills to develop project plans, timelines, work schedules, and coordinate with customers, contractors, permitting agencies, utilities, and other third parties.
- Excellent ability to lead negotiations with developers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with budgeting and financial management principles
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing and managing projects and/or programs required
- Experience in energy, renewables, or utilities required
- Experience in new business development from lead qualification through contract execution, preferred
- Experience leading, developing and mentoring a team.
- Industry leading benefits! Health, Dental & Vision
- 20 Days PTO, 12 Holidays, 4 Floating Holiday's, and 11 Sick Days- Roll Over Eligible!
- 401k and pension eligible
- Not in the NYC area? Relocation packages available!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Critical Thinking