A Mechanical Engineer job in Apex, North Carolina is currently available through Belcan. To be considered for this role you will have a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering plus three to ten years work experience in a related field with a demonstrated history of inventing mechanical solutions such as previous patent or patent applications. In this role as a Mechanical Engineer you will invent, design and modify robotic end effectors and tools and will work independently, individually or as Project Leader with other engineers, designers Applications, Sales and Manufacturing personnel to complete design projects.
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
* Perform a variety of engineering tasks in the planning, design and development of mechanical products, robotic tooling, and automation equipment while using appropriate engineering tools such as, CAD, FEA, FMEA, DFA.
* Work with purchasing, planning, and the NPI team as needed to assure the most cost effective, robust designs are implemented and released to production on time.
* Investigate and resolve technical problems involving product performance, corrective action investigations.
* Create and submit design verification plans, coordinate the testing of prototypes to ensure adherence to functional specifications, and evaluate data based on physical testing and simulation.
* Determine and establish specifications and standards and support the technical documentation team in the development of manuals and support the manufacturing team in the development of manufacturing and inspection instructions, specification sheets and technical reports for new and existing products.
* A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering plus three to ten years work experience in a related field with demonstrated history of inventing mechanical solutions such as previous patent or patent applications
* Ability to generate mechanical fabrication drawings including orthographic projections with demonstrated knowledge of ASME Y14.5 � 2009 Standards.
* Innovative mechanical design skills (design understanding of pneumatic devices, fasteners, seals, material selection, bearings, lock mechanisms, etc.).
* Demonstrated SolidWorks solid modeling and detail/assembly drawing proficiency and proficient with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Visio).
* Solid history designing mechanical components for automation.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Engineer job opportunity in Apex, North Carolina, please apply via the link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services from jet engines, air-frame, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cyber-security. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scale-able, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Computer Aided Design
Solid Works (Cad)