The Appomattox River Water Authority (ARWA) and South Central Wastewater Authority (SCWWA), are seeking a strategic and progressive leader to lead two multifaceted facilities consisting of four major divisions: Water and Wastewater Operations; Maintenance; Laboratory; and Instrumentation, serving the member jurisdictions of: the cities of Petersburg and Colonial Heights and the counties of Chesterfield, Dinwiddie and Prince George, by providing safe, clean water to consumers. The incumbent will also oversee the delivery of the highest quality water and wastewater service to the five member jurisdictions utilizing state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
The ARWA/SCWWA Executive Director will:
- Provide strategic vision and forward-focused leadership to two dynamic public utilities agencies.
- Plan, organize, direct, monitor and coordinate all programs and divisions of both Authorities.
- Supervise assigned staff effectively, including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
- Monitor all current regulations, new laws, precedent decisions and directives that may impact water and wastewater regulations.
- Develop operational and capital budget, based on historical data, future needs/requirements and guidance from the member jurisdictions; continuously monitor the budget, and prepare appropriate reports including annual financial statements; and review requests for purchase of supplies and equipment to assure proper budget management and efficiencies.
- Enforce the policies and procedures of the water and wastewater facilities and prepare and recommend changes or modifications as needed.
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil or environmental engineering, environmental sciences, or a related field (master’s preferred). A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible managerial and leadership experience in public utilities is needed, including five years’ experience in a senior management capacity with a comparable organization, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Certification as a professional engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia is desired.
For more information, please review the position recruitment profile at URL blocked - click to apply
The recruitment will remain open until August 30, 2019, at 5 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a confidential resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Mary Martin Selby, Director of Human Resources
Chesterfield County Human Resources
P.O. Box 40
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Email: URL blocked - click to apply
The Appomattox River Water Authority and South Central Wastewater Authority
~An Equal Opportunity Employer~