Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The Company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Commercial Insurance RUC Underwriter will manage a commercial insurance renewal book for the Mid-Atlantic region. The position will primarily be focused on underwriting Commercial Insurance opportunities (multi-line), however the underwriter will be charged with cross selling and writing other lines of business. The CI RUC Underwriter will report remotely to the Philadelphia branch.
The CI RUC Underwriter must develop book growth, maintain superior relationships and implement effective and profitable pricing rate strategies. Underwriting will include marketing and servicing accounts based on Chubb guidelines. The underwriter will manage a book size of approximately $5M - 7M in premium. Underwriting responsibilities will include account rounding and cross selling. The underwriter will be responsible for developing strong relationships with independent agents and brokers in order to successfully manage our business which will require some travel to assigned territory. The candidate must be able to work effectively and collaborate with a team of underwriters and underwriting associates, claims and loss control personnel.
The position will be responsible for developing and implementing a business plan to grow the CI book through renewal account management, account round identification and pipeline development.
The CI RUC Underwriter will have accountability for the financial performance of the CI book of business, achieving growth for the branch, region and territory. They will identify opportunities for growth, identify cross sell opportunities, and conduct agency visitation in pursuit of account retention goals.
- Candidate will have 2-3 years commercial multi-line underwriting experience. Experience underwriting manufacturing, professional services, golf courses, wholesalers and cultural institutions is preferred.
- Strong sales and marketing skills are also critical.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with both internal and external partners and nurture key producer relations.
- The ideal candidate for the role will possess a high degree of proficiency with the underwriting process, risk analysis, and work effectively in collaboration with an Underwriting Associate.
- Rffective desk management is a critical part of this role.
- Must have exemplary ability to effectively interact with all levels of customers and coworkers and exhibit strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency with underwriting technical issues, compliance, coverage, products, pricing & strategies expected.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software required.
- We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated to succeed and is results oriented with solid business acumen.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of commercial multi-line underwriting experience in Technology (P&C)
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Account Management
- Business Planning
- Claim Processing
- Commercial Awareness
- Hardworking And Dedicated