To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brazil, IN 47834
- Exceptional Living Centers
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Office Manager-ELCB
Exceptional Living Centers • Brazil, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Provides general office, accounting and payroll support, including communication with families, representatives, and members of the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees general facility accounting. This includes but is not limited to: involvement with admission process; communication with families, responsible parties, and payor approval; overseeing resident funds and accounts; providing month end closing support; managing petty cash and reimbursement requests; receiving and depositing routine payments; coordination of accounts receivable.
- Provides administrative, clerical and human resources support. This includes but is not limited to: assisting with employee benefits; payroll matters; employee schedules; maintenance of personnel files and electronic records; responding to resident and family concerns, particularly related to billing and payor matters; assisting with admission inquiries; ensures proper follow-up and/or documentation of payor and resident billing matters.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained. This includes but is not limited to: documentation of payor sources; collection efforts; insurance verification; Medicare/Medicaid information; audits payor information, including proper Medicare documentation.
- As directed, performs quality assessment and assurance functions.
- Assists with development and update of business office policies and procedures to reflect the philosophy of the facility, professional standards, and legal requirements.
- As directed, participates in survey processes.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
- Ensures department follows safety and reporting procedures. Promptly and appropriately reports incidents and/or injuries to staff, residents, or third parties. In an emergency, carries out responsibilities to assure resident and employee safety.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to present information to management effectively.
- Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm. Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
As directed, supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the facility policies, practices, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Consistently uses discretion and independent judgment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school degree or equivalent is required. Some previous bookkeeping experience is highly desirable. Must be capable of making mathematical calculations and be thoroughly knowledgeable of the requirements of Medicare/Medicaid as they pertain to eligibility. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Driver's license per facility requirements.