The Ahlstrom-Munksjo team consists of innovative professionals with diverse skillsets who work together to achieve our goal to purify and protect, with every fiber, for a sustainable world.
As the Maintenance Manager, you will supervise the maintenance supervisors, and multiple shifts of multi-craft mechanics, in the maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment in the paper mill. This position ensures that the equipment is in the good operating condition and preventative/predictive maintenance is done to provide maximum equipment uptime.
We Take Care of Our People
* Safety isn't a priority here, it's a value. Your priorities change over time, but your values will remain the same
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* Company provided life insurance and short-term disability
* Flexible spending accounts & HSA plans available
* Competitive 401(K) plan with company match and defined contributions
* Short-term incentive bonus program
* Fitness center and Weight Watcher's membership reimbursement
* Other available benefits include, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Identity Theft Protection available, and group rates available for MetLife Home & Auto Insurance as well as Nationwide Pet Insurance
About the Job
* Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance supervisors and hourly personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
* Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
* Manages maintenance personnel by setting direction and priorities.
* Provides training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
* Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, not reactive.
* Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project management, ensuring safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
* Provide assistance in engineering and outside consultants to develop plans for mechanical growth and installation.
* Maintain appropriate records and documentation of all mechanical equipment and area budget.
* Assist the supervisors with the normal supervisory duties of labor relations, scheduling, safety, cost reduction, training, discipline, and record-keeping to maintain efficient department operations.
* Assign scheduled work and oversee the day-to-day direction or personnel relative to job safety, quality and workmanship.
* Meet with operations management every morning and communicate to them each afternoon on work in progress and make sure all equipment concerns discussed that morning are addressed.
* Work with the planning department daily to discuss the following day's work assignments and manning needs.
* Plan and manage maintenance days so full utilization of employees is utilized to reduce subcontracting.
* Improve and maintain housekeeping and shop equipment.
* Make sure the planners receive all maintenance day PM and weekly rounds sheets after completion
* Work with the planning group on equipment rounds and scheduling of time to make repairs/adjustments.
* Monitor department budget and cost controls with the planning group.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Skills For Your Success
* Strong influence in safety practices
* Experience in supervision and leadership
* Good written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills
* Fluent written and spoken English
* Knowledge of MS Office
* The flexibility to work additional hours during the week, on weekends, or outside of regular office hours as needed
* Experience in pulp and paper mill operations is a plus.
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in combining fibers into sustainable and technical advanced specialty materials. Our purpose is to Purify and Protect, with Every Fiber, for a Sustainable World. Our vision is to be the Preferred Sustainable Specialty Materials Company for all our stakeholders. We serve five growing and distinctive end markets, which form the basis for our five divisions: Filtration, Food & Consumer Packaging, Healthcare, Building Materials, and Technical Materials.
Our annual net sales 2021 amounted to EUR 3.1 billion and we employ some 8,000 people. Read more at www.ahlstrom-munksjo.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v/so)
- Cost Reduction
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Labor Relations