Required Security Clearance:
Top Secret/SCI with CI Polygraph, Top Secret/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
8570 Category Requirement:
IAT Level I
8570 Specialist Requirement:
Potential for Teleworking:
Base-2 Solutions is looking for a configuration manager. Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
This role will work in a small team to stand up configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. This includes hands-on tasking related to CM, installing and using CM tools, and maintaining the CM environment for hardware and software. Also, with the team, this role will help define a detailed level of processes that include, for example, creating product build scripts. This role will help ensure processes are followed. This role will assist with developing or modifying CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. This role will manage, maintain, and develop the CM environment. A successful candidate will be able to work independently.
- Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- JIRA workflows
- CM Process development
- Must have completed and remain current on all Cyberspace Workforce Improvement Program (CWIP) certification requirements. Level I required at start and must obtain Level III within 6 months after start.
- Experience using configuration management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed on hardware and software development projects
- Eight (8) years experience as a configuration manager is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6).
- Four (4) years of additional configuration manager experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- If assigned to a developmental program, one (1) year of experience using a source code control system is required.