To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SEC Reporting Analyst - Shelton, CT
Hubbell Inc • Shelton, CT
Posted 2 months ago
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
40 Waterview Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
The SEC Reporting Analyst will support the Corporate Controller's office in a broad range of accounting and reporting activities and projects with exposure to internal and external (SEC) reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and Corporate and technical accounting matters. This position will report to the Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting and will have regular interaction with the Corporate Controller's organization and will be involved with the company's adoption of new accounting standards. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with willingness to take on a wide range of activities, have prior experience in public accounting, a Certified Public Accountant (or actively pursuing certification), and demonstrate a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The SEC Reporting Analyst will participate in many aspects of the financial close and control activities; accounting, internal and external reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Assist the Manager of Financial Accounting & Reporting with closing activities that will include the accounting for complex and technical matters.
- Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and disclosures for internal and external users in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements including 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities, including the design and testing of management controls.
- Participate in the execution of management controls including compliance with account reconciliation standards on the Blackline platform and the Company's balance sheet review process.
- Performs various ad-hoc report requests for the Corporate leadership team.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university required, MBA in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- CPA and prior Big 4 experience is a plus
- 3-5 years of combined work experience in Big 4 and/or Corporate Accounting & Controls experience (publicly traded manufacturing environment preferable)
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, SAP, Blackline and Workiva a plus, or experience with other major reporting software/systems considered
Additional Skills Sets:
- Exceptional Excel (v-look ups/pivot tables) and PowerPoint skills necessary
- Operates efficiently and effectively with minimal oversight and meet tight financial reporting deadlines
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Proven ability to work well with others in a multi-national organization
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits a confident leadership presence and can effectively modify presentation styles to all levels within an organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with an ability to work well under tight time constraints
- Minimal travel required
Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.