To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Technical Accountant
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To execute Navy Federal's financial accounting processes by applying federal and industry regulations and standards, and to support the accurate reconciliation and maintenance of the organization's financial statements and reports.
* Ensure compliance with GAAP and ASC; evaluate amended regulations and recommend changes
* Interpret emerging accounting policies and make recommendations for changes to remain in compliance
* Maintain financial statements by review, analysis and reconciliation to include preparing external reports, schedules and statements
* Perform accounting activities with ledgers, reconciliation and financial reports
* Investigate and resolve discrepancies by actively collaborating and communicating across business lines
* Maintain training documentation, historical files, internal procedures and assists with updating policies
* Serve as mentor/trainer and provide guidance and assistance to team members
* Serve as resource for the resolution of complex and/or unique problems
* Serve on automated financial systems improvement initiatives
* Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Experience in leading, guiding and mentoring others
* Extensive experience in applying technical accounting knowledge in performing transactions and reconciliation
* Extensive experience in using and applying GAAP and ASC
* Extensive experience in working in a high volume, fast paced environment
* Significant experience in applying techniques used in analyzing and reporting financial information
* Significant experience in public or private accounting applying complex accounting treatments and resolving complex accounting issues
* Significant experience in working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
* Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley control environment including documentation and testing of controls and their effectiveness over financial reporting
* Advanced knowledge of financial accounting and management techniques
* Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
* Effective database and presentation software skills
* Effective skill working with financial accounting systems used in the management and analysis of financial data
* Expert organizational, planning and time management skills
* Expert research, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Expert skill collaborating with various external and internal technical and/or functional contacts
* Expert verbal and written communication skills
* Desired - Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
* Desired - Significant experience in credit union financials and/or NCUA regulations
* Desired - Familiarity with Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
* Desired - CPA
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability