Every day, we strive to provide the best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the globe. We are looking for a Network Quantitative Engineer to join our Backbone Engineering team to support the expansion of our global network through application of targeted metrics and valuable analysis to ensure we maintain our high performance. This role is critical to our service health and the network SLI/SLO compliances. The role will be responsible for analyzing the network SLI/SLO dataset and drive the network efficiency objectives together with services.
Network Quantitative Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Work with large, complex data sets around the Meta data infrastructure and solve difficult ad-hoc analysis problems.
2. Design, develop and deploy automated data pipelines to support prototyping and POC efforts across the team.
3. Build data visualizations for demand, capacity and performance which will enable decision making to internal partners.
4. Build, test, and deploy models/simulations, understanding the key outputs and providing statistical analysis of results.
5. Drive end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert for solution development across the team.
6. Leverage the Meta software and infrastructure to develop efficient analytics.
7. Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Network Planners, Software Engineers and Network Engineers to understand their data needs.
8. 4+ years of experience working with large datasets.
9. 4+ years of experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across various stakeholders.
10. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
11. Experiences driving cross-functional partnerships with other internal engineering and service teams.
12. 4+ years of experience scripting with one of the following languages: Python, PHP, Perl, or R.
13. Experience leading large-scale projects in the area of demand forecasting, Monte Carlo simulations, network analysis, performance metrics and operations research for demand-based networks and server fleets.
14. Knowledge of statistical data analysis, queueing theory, non-stationary process analysis including knowledge in SQL, R and/or Tableau.
15. Experience working with time-series data and capacity planning.
16. Experience building an end-to-end data driven product for network operations in hyperscalers.
17. Graduate work experience. Masters or PhD in a highly quantitative field.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Network Quantitative Engineer
- Big Data
- Capacity Planning
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Networks
- Data Analysis
- Decision Making