American-Mercy Home Care has provided home care and wellness services for over 43 years. Their innovative services and specialty programs recognize the needs of each patient and promote the highest quality of life. Their goal is to ensure all services consistently exceed quality measures and the expectations of patients and referring physicians. American-Mercy Home Care provides quality care through a team of registered nurses, social workers, companions, dieticians, aides and physical, occupational and speech therapists
Your work should be more than just a job. With us, you can expect a rewarding career, family-friendly work schedules and an opportunity to make a difference, to have a voice and to advance your career.
The OT develops and implements the home care plan for the occupational rehabilitation of clients under the direction of the attending physician and the appropriate clinical leader.
- Establishes and updates the occupational therapy plan of treatment. Reports changes in patient condition to appropriate personnel and the attending physician.
- Provides patient care education to clients and other caregivers.
- Provides supervision for occupational therapy assistants as required by policy and regulations.
- Participates in coordination of services with other disciplines and community resources as needed.
- Completes and submits all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient and/or family needs, customs or feelings.
- Participates in case conferences, summary reports, quarterly record review and annual program review. Attends in-services or special case orientations.
Why should you join our amazing team?
- Competitive pay with opportunities for bonuses
- Referral Bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Free CEUs
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Electronic charting
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days
- Inexpensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance with different plans to choose from
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company paid Short term and Long term disability
- Company-paid Life insurance equal to 2x annual salary
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer contribution AND employer match!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Currently licensed to practice in the state serviced.
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR Certification
- One-year occupational therapy experience required.
- Home care experience preferred.