To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Irwin, California, CA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator Level I - Junior
NOK-KaiHonua • Fort Irwin, California, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Location: Fort Irwin, CA
The candidate will work within a cohesive team environment and is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Duties include: providing support to clients in resolving moderate to complex system or IT operation problems; performing computer operations functions, including planning, integration, and verification for IT systems. Recommend system configuration solutions and provide support, solutions, and suggestions to a development team; drafting system administrator manuals and maintenance service plans; working with the information security team to support NEC-Fort Irwin; provides remediation and troubleshooting for system-related change requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain all aspects of the Microsoft SCCM and Microsoft SCOM Enterprise Management System to include SCCM Infrastructure, SCCM Administrator console, Software/Hardware Inventory, Software Distribution, SCOM Infrastructure, SCOM Administrator and Operator Consoles and SCOM monitoring and alerting.
- Design, test, and implement upgrades and enhancements to existing SCCM and SCOM environment.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 2+ years of experience performing systems administration functions
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Server + or MS certification
- Experience building and maintaining systems including: Architecting and implementing storage and data management solutions.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions).
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell).
- Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of C programs.
- Familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and system security processes.
- Understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) a plus.
- Experience working in CMMI Level 3 (or higher) environments is a plus.
Position requires a Secret clearance
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.