We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Regional Account Manager (RAM) serves as the single point of contact to the Tire Pros franchisee to deliver the value-added services of the franchise. The RAM partners with the franchisee to improve their business results by delivering retail consulting and marketing support to grow the franchisees’ car count and improve their operational profitability. Retail consulting support includes developing business KPI goals and measuring progress against these goals through the Pros Partnership Analysis (PPA). The RAM is also responsible for recommending operating procedures necessary to achieve these KPI goals. The RAM collaborates with assigned franchisees to develop and implement marketing strategies to drive consumer traffic to their franchise locations. This individual also works in close partnership with the ATD retail support team to deliver the marketing programs and platforms necessary to achieve franchisees’ business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Direct Report Position Titles
- Utilize analytic and benchmarking tools (i.e. Pros Partnership Analysis) to partner with franchisees in establishing and tracking progress against key performance metrics.
- Work directly with individual Tire Pros franchisees to implement marketing strategies and operational procedures necessary to increase traffic, improve profitability and achieve business objectives.
- Work with the Tire Pros franchisee in identifying specific business or financial improvement opportunities and develop action plans to help the franchisee reach these objectives, which should become the focal point of each consultative visit.
- Coach and guide franchisees to ensure individual objectives are achieved, including coaching on professional sales skills, building customer experience, improving shop efficiencies, developing key benchmark ratios, and building brand consistency.
- Schedule, prepare, and conduct one in-person franchisee consultative business meeting each quarter; supplement quarterly in-person meetings with conference calls or webcasts based on the individual franchisee’s needs.
- Work with individual franchisees and franchise operators to develop and implement marketing strategies to drive traffic to their retail outlets.
- Work with franchisees to ensure effective implementation of marketing programs.
- Work with the franchisees to deliver an in-store experience to consumers that aligns with the Tire Pros brand positioning.
- Work in close partnership with the ATD retail support team to deliver marketing and advertising materials on-time and within brand guidelines to all media vendors.
- Develop and effectively manage the franchisee’s annual ad agreement, which includes forecasting annual co-op earnings and recommending the out-of-pocket spend necessary to achieve the franchisees’ business goals.
- Provide feedback to corporate Operations, Marketing and Sales departments about individual franchisee’s needs.
- Ensure franchisees are knowledgeable in all phases of the Tire Pros franchise and standards, including the value of the program through Equity Report.
- Audit individual Tire Pros locations to ensure compliance with established franchisee operating standards.
- As franchisee issues arise, escalate identified issues to Tire Pros management; if necessary, work with management to initiate cancellation processes.
- N/A – Individual Contributor
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- Experience with media and marketing including budget and P&L responsibilities.
- Experience as a Manager or Supervisor of Retail Tire Store(s).
- Experience in consultative sales role.
- Experience developing media, advertising or marketing plans for local markets.
- Experience in project management.
- Possess knowledge of the franchise business including customer experience, efficiencies, productivity, profits, budgeting, and benchmarking.
- Demonstrate consultative sales skills.
- Knowledge of processes and work flow.
Competencies (to be added by HR)
Additional Details (work environment, specializations, etc.)
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 60+% of the time, travel throughout the U.S. and will often require overnight stays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R09212
Benchmarking (Project Management)