Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Solution Design team is responsible for leading revenue cycle due diligence and design efforts within broader transformational opportunities for potential clients. These transformational opportunities can include several subject matter areas including revenue cycle functions, population health, care management, supply chain, practice management, information technology, health plan management, etc.
The Solution Design Manager is responsible for completing revenue cycle assessments to identify revenue improvement and efficiency opportunities across Patient Access, Health Information Management/Coding/CDI/Revenue Integrity and Patient Financial Services. The team leads full partnership due diligence efforts across all transformational opportunities to estimate the benefit that can be generated for a potential client and the impact to the Optum bottom line.
The Solution Design Manager will work with a team of analysts and associates, along with a number of Optum resources, on assessments and operational due diligence activities across all revenue cycle functions. The manager will also serve as the coordination point for cross-functional diligence teams within the following areas: technology, optimization, compliance, human capital and finance. This position is responsible for driving work plan development, on-site client meetings, and for providing compelling presentations and proposals required to design solutions to improve operations and financial positions for potential clients. In order to complete this effort, managers must have a thorough understanding of the revenue cycle and commit to developing a level of proficiency and knowledge about our Optum solutions. The manager will be operating within a broad Optum team working on transformational opportunities across several work-streams and will be coordinating internally to align milestones, resources and progress for the revenue cycle due diligence activities.
You'll enjoy the flexibility of telecommuting* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct and manage revenue cycle assessments evaluating health system performance for acute and ambulatory operations
- Manage timelines and project plans for the completion of the assessment and associated deliverables
- Identify opportunity areas and develop ROI estimates and financial models for potential clients
- Formulate implementation plan blueprints with recommended solutions
- Create client facing analysis to report back on findings and recommendations
- Develop client relationships by serving as the key contact for a potential client
- Drive pre-onsite project planning and work plan development, often in coordination with broader Optum executives architecting the transformational opportunity for the prospective client
- Provide operational revenue cycle subject matter expertise in the development of sales materials in preparation for initial and ongoing client conversations
- Coordinate with and support Optum colleagues working in other focus areas to align to broader milestones, outcomes and commitments for the prospective client
- Support the contracting process with legal teams for master services and statement of work development
- Attend industry conferences and act as a subject matter expert for Optum
- Present to small / moderate sized groups and adjust message to audience (CFO, CEO or VP of Revenue Cycle)
- Provide leadership and work experience expertise to senior analyst and associate roles
- Exemplify Optum values of integrity, respect, collaboration, innovation, and excellence across all activities
- Enable achievement of Optum goals for growth, execution, customers, and people
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience working with hospital-based revenue cycle operations team, recognized healthcare consulting firm, or revenue cycle management solutions provider
- Experience analyzing workflows, performing gap analysis, and developing performance-based solutions and cost benefit / ROI analysis
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent analytic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills including synthesizing key findings
- Ability to excel at oral and written communication and convey a professional and polished presence that includes excellent customer and client service skills
- Adaptability and ability to pivot based on new information and client needs
- Ability to synthesize data into cogent information and present high-level assessment and evaluation based on the data available
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
- Presentation skills and relationship management skills with top health system C-Suite customers, internal and external
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Advanced degree
- HFMA / ACHE certification
- 5+ years of experience in Acute or Ambulatory Revenue Cycle operations across any combination of the following areas: Patient Business Office, Patient Access, Health Information Management, Revenue Integrity, Coding, and / or Clinical Documentation Improvement OR 5+ years in a more traditional healthcare consulting environment
- Outsourcing operations and/or assessment experience
- Knowledge of Optum solutions
- Subject matter expertise in revenue cycle, population health, case management, supply chain, care variation, and cost containment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting, Healthcare Assessments, Revenue Cycle, Revenue Cycle Solutions Design Manager, Revenue Cycle Consulting, Revenue Cycle Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote