We are looking for a Make-Ready Tech to join our team!
If you're looking for an exciting career with excellent opportunities for advancement - apply today! If you enjoy fixing things up, helping people, and having a fantastic time at work - this is the place for you!
Are you currently in skilled trades and ready for a change? Are you interested in a career in skilled trades? Are you tired of working nights and long shifts and ready to wrap up your day at a decent time? All you need to join our team is a positive attitude and a desire to work with your hands - we can teach you the rest! Our teams are lean and close-knit, so taking care of our residents' repair needs and providing the best customer service is our primary job!
CARROLL is one of the leading Multifamily Real Estate Investment and Property Management firms with more than 85 communities across the fastest-growing markets in the United States. Join our team and see why we are one of the top companies to work for in the Multifamily industry!
The Make Ready Technician is to perform repairs in recently vacated apartments and prepare them for occupancy. This role will ensure a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors, and staff and carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor. This position will be assigned to a “home property” within a specific geographic region and may be required to travel to different property assignments daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The activities listed below are not all-inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of activities usually performed. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Make Ready Technician will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program, OSHA, etc.)
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use
- Execute make-ready operations by ensuring that vacant units are made rent-ready by assigned deadlines
- Complete maintenance repairs on doors, windows, cabinets, drywall, paint, tile/grout repair, baseboards, and flooring
- Perform general plumbing and basic electrical work, including replacing/fixing toilets, faucets, light switches, electrical outlets, and light fixtures
- Assist with removing and relocating appliances and equipment from the storage area to the apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to a designated area when necessary
- Change locks and make keys as needed
- Assist with maintaining a complete and full inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing service and maintaining the property
- Adhere to the company’s safety program, policies, and procedures
- Identifies and reports any problem which could be a hazard or potentially dangerous for residents, staff, guests, and the public
- 1 year of multifamily maintenance experience
- Current EPA Certification Preferred
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc., as required by daily operation.
- Valid Driver’s License with dependable transportation
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
What we offer:
- $18.00+ per hour
- Monthly Bonuses
- Training, Development, and Career Growth
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Apartment Rent Discount of 20%
- 14 Days of PTO + 10 Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Short/Long-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
CARROLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. CARROLL promotes a drug-free workplace. CARROLL will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries. All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to consent to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
- Customer Service