POSITION SUMMARY: Serves present and prospective members/customers with sound, productive short, intermediate and long term agricultural credit according to district policies, standards and procedures. Promotes related services to all
current and prospective members.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Develops new business by actively pursuing new individual and business customers and by becoming a visible and involved member of the community. Expands existing relationships by proactively researching customer needs and matching bank products and services
to those needs.
- Interviews applicants, gathers, analyzes and reconciles complete, accurate credit and financial data using the five credit factors under the guidelines of differential analysis. Determines credit risk and makes timely and accurate decisions. Establishes
and renegotiates credit terms, when necessary. Inspects or appraises collateral as needed or applicable. Communicates credit decision to loan applicants.
- Services loans in portfolio to retain high loan level quality. Reviews progress of loans on a periodic basis. Makes periodic calls on loan customers to evaluate management, inspect collateral and detect signs of potential financial problems. Monitors delinquent
reports and counsels with customers to bring accounts current. Provides guidance to customers seeking solutions to financial problems.
- Provides information to existing and potential members/borrowers as to available financially related services and properly handles financial service accounts.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agriculture Economics, Finance or related field.
- One to four years’ experience in a sales or lending environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and familiarity with financial databases and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to employ diplomacy and tact with customers and prospects while articulating the benefits of Farm Credit. Self-starter; computer literate; problem-solving & time management skills; knowledge
- Ability to be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound business decisions which serve the best interest of the ACA and the borrower.
- Current awareness of economic developments and production technology affecting agriculture in the region.
- Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst or other facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Candidates must complete an application at
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Cultivating Long Term Relationships
Identifying New Prospects