To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Overland Park, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP Chief Audit Executive
ExecuNet • Overland Park, KS
Posted 2 months ago
The Vice President - Chief Audit Executive will oversee and proactively set strategic direction for a comprehensive internal audit and enterprise risk reporting program for the company. The primary objective of the function is to enhance and protect organizational value by provided risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight on the organization’s governance, risk and control processes to achieve its strategic, operational, financial, talent and compliance objectives. The Internal Audit team will develop and execute a strategically-determined audit plan in accordance with a comprehensive enterprise-wide risk assessment with a consultative, partnership approach that adds value to the organization by utilizing a high degree of stakeholder input.
- Proactively and independently lead the internal audit function as one of the four pillars of corporate governance, along with the board of directors, executive management and the external auditor.
- Oversee a company-wide enterprise risk reporting program in conjunction with other leaders in the enterprise that incorporates existing processes and reporting in the areas of financial controls, compliance, technology, legal, insurance, etc.
- Establish and maintain an enterprise risk management framework to identify, assess and respond to risks across the organization.
- Provide consolidated reporting and presentation of enterprise risk for management and the Board of Directors, including as appropriate risk interaction, risk hierarchies, or other tools in order to evaluate, prioritize and manage risks.
- Act as the central point for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on risks.
- Make available to management tools and techniques used by internal audit to analyze risks and controls. Coach and advise management in responding to risks.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of appropriate risk management strategies.
- Oversee management a team of internal audit professionals ensuring all strategic objectives of the team are achieved. Maintain an optimal staffing level for the function to be a value-added business partner sourcing talent for the organization over time and utilizing co-sourcing of certain skills in a cost-effective manner.
- Proactively provide advice to management and/or the board of directors regarding the reporting of forward-looking operating measures to help identify potential emerging risks.
- Coordinate with the external auditor and management to ensure the Audit Committee of the board of directors receives effective information, data and analysis including reporting directly to the Audit Committee any identified critical control risks or issues.
- Provide an independent appraisal of controls and processes that govern financial integrity, operational effectiveness, technology, privacy and compliance with laws and policies.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies in processes and control-related matters, execute root cause analysis, develop new approaches, and drive the implementation of new processes.
- Manage a controls self-assessment project plan that leverages stakeholders. Educate constituents on the proper implementation, testing, maintenance and documentation of controls.
- Monitor the process and control implications of ongoing business changes and ensure that processes and controls are a focus when integrating changes.
- Communicate findings and obtain agreement and commitment of implementation of recommendations with management that appropriately respond to risks identified and address root causes.
- Work with business leaders to ensure completion of corrective actions to address concerns identified during audits.
- Focus on key technology systems and existing manual processes which could benefit from automation to improve processes, create efficiencies, or serve clients better.
- Identify areas for process improvement and present best practices and benchmarks.
- Oversee ad-hoc investigations and special audits as required from time to time.
- Provide consulting services to the business as requested in order to improve processes or provide input.
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Test and monitor the company's adherence to effective Sarbanes-Oxley Act control standards, including compliance with company-wide policies and procedures.
- Develop a testing plan, testing procedures, the timeline for testing, and the selection and coordination of resources to be utilized.
- Coordinate efforts with the Company's external auditor and management to maximize efficiency.
- Monitor management’s completion of documentation, execution and remediation (when necessary) of controls for key financial processes and systems.
- Support management in its assessment and documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management ensuring Internal Audit is aware of key changes to business activities and objectives for impacts to the audit plan or enterprise risk management process.
- Provide a thoughtful, risk-based corporate and risk assessment perspective, and help oversee all parts of the internal audit program including, but not limited to, risk assessment, audit plan development, audit plan execution, continuous monitoring, and project reviews.
- Incorporate use of technology and tools such as data analytics, surveys, etc. into the audit and risk reporting processes.
- Exhibit a strong drive for results, conveying a sense of urgency in driving issues to closure.
- Present periodic reporting to the Audit Committee on significant matters relating to internal audit, internal controls, and risks.
- Communicate and coordinate between departments to influence change management, problem resolution and appropriate testing before new initiatives or changes are implemented.
- Play a leadership role in the company in relation to the company’s mission and core values.
- Ensure reporting of results to the organization are clear, concise and delivered in the context of the underlying risk to the organization.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive experience leading teams, managing projects and driving organizational change
- Demonstrated experience managing internal audits and associated team members within a complex operational and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with administering or implementing and Enterprise Risk Management framework for reporting and assessment of risks
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other applicable professional certifications related to audit or risk
- Current knowledge of financial services industry and general regulatory environment
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify issues and to design appropriate solutions
- Capacity to leverage relationships and insights to successfully influence others and build authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or a related field
- Knowledge and understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and required control structures and processes
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with presentation and communication skills meeting the needs of all levels within the organization up to and including the executive management team, CEO and the board of directors
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Experience with a publicly-traded company
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates, executive management, the CEO and the board of directors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and communicate complicated information in a precise, simple, and accurate manner
- Asset/investment management and/or broker-dealer experience
- Direct experience with regulatory groups such as FINRA and the SEC
- Public accounting background or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance or technology
- Mergers and acquisitions due diligence and integrations experience
- Systems conversion or implementation experience