To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inventory Control Accountant
Nesco Resource • Lexington, KY
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Summary: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following essential duties.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts while documenting business transactions.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and expenses and assist in preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Maintain a complete system for Inventory Control which provides consistent, reliable, and timely information to management for decision-making and which is flexible and dynamic enough to evolve with changing business needs.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with other departments on business objectives.
- Assist in the development of a synergistic relationship between the Company campuses.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Prepare documentation to assist internal and external auditors.
- Support management through ad-hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as assigned.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills - Communicates and coordinates effectively
- Written Communication - Communicates clearly and with purpose
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Ethics - Keeps commitments
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Dependability - Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have, at minimum, an intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Advanced Microsoft Excel experience preferred. Oracle and Hyperion knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year College or University; 4 years related experience and/or training. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Flexibility to travel within the US is required.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.