Experts in the detailed coordination of complex operations involving many people, places and resources., DLH helps the Federal Government implement, manage, and assess health and education programs and citizen services for the populations they serve. Our mission and passion is that every citizen is empowered to have and live a quality life.
DLH is a provider of health technology-enabled business process outsourcing and program management solutions supporting large-scale federal health and human services as well as programmatic services in Human Services, Capacity Building/Training, Compliance/Monitoring, Assessments, Pharmacy Services, Telehealth, and Life Sciences.
Purpose of Position:
DLH is currently seeking a Sr Director of Business Development/Capture for pursuits within the federal government; responsible for leading/winning DLH critical service and solutions based new business opportunities identified and qualified by the Business Development organization, as well as directing business development and capture activities for services to federal government agencies while working closely with operating unit managers and staff toward achieving business growth goals.
This business leader will be responsible for leading end-to-end capture and supporting other capture-related activities to include proposal solutioning and authoring. Primary role is developing and implementing formal capture plans, and orchestrating, along with other team members, all capture activities. As the Capture lead they will assist in defining capture team resource requirements and costs associated with bids. They will also perform formal, but rapid assessment of corporate/team capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses and is responsible for the development of win themes, differentiators and will coordinate with other capture and corporate support teams (e.g., finance/pricing, marketing, human resources/staffing). Duties will involve full life cycle capture management including managing the opportunity assessment process, assisting with bid/no bid decisions, assist in building relationships with key partners, designing and executing a winning proposal strategy.
- Leads and/or supports multiple, fast turn-around bids across a range of Federal markets • Lead and/or support development of technical and management solutions by working proactively with subject area experts and with dedicated solution and proposal architects
- Capture will be candidate’s top priority, but ideal candidate will bring proven skills and value to our proposal activities to include proposal solutioning
- Develops the Capture Plan and identifies the Capture team and Proposal team members in coordination with BD and Operations leadership
- Develops win themes/strategies, value propositions, and differentiators
- Ensures price to win (PTW) analysis is conducted and the PTW target is established
- Conduct competitive analyses and develop ghosting, differentiation, recommendations
- Works with contract departments to ensure the development and execution of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements (TAs)
- Serve as a proactive and value-added member of our Corporate Capture team, shares updates in a timely manner, and provides ongoing feedback and contributions to improve DLH Corp overarching capture organization
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identifies necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills required to support internal collaboration, customer interaction, and to make formal presentations to senior decision makers
- Experience in analyzing and selecting teaming partners and negotiating sound teaming agreements
- Demonstrate knowledge of US government procurement practices
- Ability to travel nationally
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of ten (10) years of directly-related experience in capturing and closing contracting deals (preference for this to be in the Federal market space). An additional six (6) years of related experience can be substituted for education requirement
- Experience leading successful captures (preference for this to be in the civilian market space), including serving as the capture lead for short-turnaround, task order capture efforts
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.