To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
913 South 10th Street
Manchester, IA 52057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Exide Technologies • Manchester, IA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The position is responsible for rebuilding and installation of new or used equipment and is responsible to oversee the work of outside contractors. The position will also design and fabricate new production equipment as well as make improvement recommendations and modifications to existing equipment. The incumbent works within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.Responsibilities
- Make recommendations to improve production capability and reduce downtime.
- Design and fabricate new equipment and modify existing equipment, to increase production efficiency, improve product quality, and cut downtime.
- Manage and coordinate plant maintenance and production personnel as needed to complete plant projects.
- Oversee and assign work to outside contractors as needed to ensure timely and satisfactory project completion.
- Order material for projects and source out to find the best pricing available.
- Ensure project scheduling avoids conflict with other production or maintenance concerns and that projects are able to be completed on schedule.
- Provide the necessary training for new equipment, or equipment modifications, so that personnel are able to run equipment properly, efficiently, and safely.
- Manage capital projects that may be assigned. Ensure the project is completed in a timely manner and within budget guidelines established for the project.
- BS in an Engineering discipline required
- Five years of relevant maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strongly prefer two years of secondary schooling in specialized maintenance skills area
- Strong mechanical background
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, equipment and part drawings and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PC SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley software and personal computer applications (MS Office applications preferred).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. Physical demands include hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, driving, standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting of 50#, climbing, simple grasping, pulling, pushing, crawling, twisting, and repetitive use of hands.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Diverse work environment ranging from normal office environment to frequent exposure to production environment including exposures to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, poor ventilation, chemicals, extreme heat, extreme cold, odors, toxins.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.