JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Has responsibility for application systems development activities. Reviews, coordinates, and schedules systems development project requests and related departmental activities. Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned project leads and direct reports. Demonstrates effective technical skills. Reviews and evaluates work of aligned staff and manages performance reporting. Prepares activity and progress reports regarding applications systems analysis and programming sections.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Select, train and supervise Information Systems and staff support resources.
- Develop plans for his/her group consistent with the development/maintenance planning cycle. Included in these responsibilities are project plans, assistance in budget preparation and annual specific objectives.
- Conduct performance appraisals for personnel in a timely fashion and initiate salary administration action when appropriate.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure open and clear communication.
- Review summary project control information on a regular basis to assure that projects are on schedule and institutes corrective action when required.
- Allocate development resources to support project schedules.
- Interface with management on a regular basis to establish project priorities and to resolve systems development issues.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the Information Systems functions with other areas including Computer Operations, Quality Assurance, Security, Information Technology, Auditing and User Management.
- Interface with other company business functions to support the information needs of a corporation.
- Provide guidance and support to members of the Information Systems Staff.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of the systems analysis, program analysis, and project management functions.
- Provide the continuing training necessary to assure a highly qualified technical staff.
- Ensure the development of timely and well-designed products by promoting the selection and use proper development tools.
- Maintain a close working relationship with User Management to assure that information needs are recognized, well developed and translated into meaningful and user friendly information systems.
- Ensure that the appropriate participation of personnel outside of his/her group is included, as necessary, in the project development life cycle.
- Ensure the enforcement of Information Systems and company standards including project reporting, resource management tools and sound systems development practices and methodologies.
- Assist in the monthly performance analysis and responsibility reporting activities as required.
- Provide hands-on training of all non-programming functions of subordinate jobs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of IT Development experience.
- Have 8 years of broad-based experience in specific and related disciplines of the business, including progressive years of experience in formal leadership roles.
- Have 1 year of being in a leadership role within the Applications Development area (Project Lead, etc.).
- Demonstrate effective trouble-shooting skills.
- Demonstrate ability to independently execute all of the phases of the Project Development Life-Cycle (includes creation of Business Requirements, Detailed Design Specifications, Creation and Execution of Test Plan, Create and Execute of all implementation functions of the Development team).
- Demonstrate ability to create own analysis tools to monitor and report team performance.
- Exhibit strong positive professionalism and encourage others to do the same.
- Demonstrate a high tolerance for stress and pressure.
- Demonstrate business phone and email etiquette.
- Office environment.
- Travel time from 15 – 30%.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 20866
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
McLane is one of the most successful supply chain services companies in the US for 3 simple reasons – we hire, foster and promote the most talented and passionate teammates on the planet.
Beyond competitive pay and outstanding benefits, we strive to create an environment for success, where Teammates can truly grow personally and professionally. That’s why the average tenure at McLane is close to 10 years and the majority of our leadership teams have been promoted from within.
We have a winning, growth-driven culture that focuses on the best and the brightest teammates. It’s also why our customers are some of the largest and most respected retailers in America, and the brands we deliver every single day are the ones you know and love.
At McLane there is a sense of pride and dedicated spirit among our teammates that comes from an environment of family and community. We recognize our teammates’ contributions with competitive pay, extensive benefits, industry-leading 401k profit sharing, professional development and much more. And we recognize the communities in which we operate by giving back. Nothing demonstrates this concept more than our dedication to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In the past 28 years, our Teammates have collectively helped raise more than 90 million dollars to provide comfort, treatment and hope to individuals in the communities in which they work.
View the full profile
Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in your life and someone else’s by joining the McLane team today.