Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
As an experienced Maintenance Manager, you will be a leading member of the team. The Maintenance Manager supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds by performing the following duties.
The Maintenance Manager directly supervises all employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Safety is priority #1 at Fort Dearborn Company
- Our Maintenance Manager must adhere to all plant and corporate safety rules, procedures, and guidelines.
- Reports all safety concerns or issues to their immediate supervisor.
- Set an example for all members of their team by always adhering to all safety protocols.
- An expert in your field, you and other team members will be responsible for the flawless execution of multiple jobs for well-known brands
- Directs workers engaged in machine repair, electrical and mechanical work.
- Sets up and maintains proper preventative program.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Responsible for training all maintenance personnel.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Maintains waste program and records in compliance with OSHA & DHEC requirements.
- Fort Dearborn has been around for almost 100 years, and we pride ourselves on our high level of excellency. Every team member of Fort Dearborn is expected to treat all associates respectfully and professionally.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 5 to 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)