OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Located in Fremont, Ohio, ProMedica Memorial Hospital has served the citizens of Sandusky County and the adjacent communities since 1918. In fact, our hospital was built with funds raised by members of our community on land donated by the family of former United States President, Rutherford B. Hayes.
As a Housekeeper, you will clean and prepare areas in order to maintain clean and sanitary conditions for guest, patient, and staff occupancy. Provide general cleaning and services to patient rooms, rest rooms, nurses’ stations, corridors, conference rooms, utility rooms, treatment areas, kitchens, solariums, offices, lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms.
With this position, some additional duties include:
- Cleans and makes unoccupied beds
- Cleans and services patient rooms after receiving discharge notification. Prepares patient unit for new admission
- Notifies appropriate staff of room/bed readiness
- Performs other duties as directed
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to inquiries.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives, carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, chemicals, and sewage.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium weight equipment furniture, etc, and occasionally move, lift or carry very heavy weight equipment or furniture etc.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood.
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. Must be able to move and/or lift material and dirty rags weighing up to 10 lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to EVS Technician - Environmental Services - Full Time - Afternoons
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to EVS Technician - Environmental Services - Full Time - Afternoons
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service