Compensation (Range): $40-$45/ hour
If you are an experienced Embedded Software Test Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for an Embedded Software Test Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Embedded Software Test Engineer
Your specific duties as an Embedded Software Test Engineer will include
- Plans, coordinates, and performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
- Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
Specific Position Requirements:
Primary Position Responsibilities & Duties Construction & Forestry Division is seeking an Embedded Software Test Engineer to plan and execute embedded software testing on C&F products to verify production readiness. You will:
- Align software test activities to meet Product Development Process schedules and follow C&F embedded software process, using best practices and tools
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and perform testing on the bench and machine in alignment with other Product Verification &Validation activities, as well as lead software documentation design reviews
- Provide support to update and debug software on test tractors
- Develop setup and scripts for automated testing
- Work with 3rd party partners in the development and execution software testing, both manual and automatic.
Embedded Software Test Engineer
As an Embedded Software Test Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience
- We need a good communicator who is results driven and thrives on solving problems in a team environment.
- Ideally, you will have a BS in Engineering, preferably in Electrical or Software Engineering.
- Engineering experience gained from projects, internships, or practical work experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify solutions to technical problems
- Basic knowledge and understanding of electrical components
- Good organizational skills
- Positive and effective communication and team skills
- Adaptability to rapidly changing work environments
- Ability to learn to operate construction and forestry equipment to execute software tests.
- Ability to be self-directed and complete independent tasks efficiently.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience:
- Experience with embedded software testing, tools, and processes.
- Experience with data testing, tools, and processes.
- Experience in working with suppliers, partners and co-workers in the development of software
- Experience testing supplier software
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and suppliers
- Experience troubleshooting challenging problems
- Experience with electrical and electronic controls and components
- A basic knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN) communications
- Experience in developing or using National Instruments software test tools
- Basic understanding of mechanical, hydrostatic, hydraulic, electro-hydraulic and powertrain systems.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical or Software Engineering.
- MS in Engineering is a plus.
- Years of Experience Required: School projects or minimal job experience required. Strong candidates will have 1-3 years minimum.
1st Shift, 40 hours per week, OT is possible but not typical. If OT is needed to meet a critical deadline, then management would have to pre-approve it before working OT.
Embedded Software Test Engineer
As an Embedded Software Test Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Embedded Software Test Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: product design, product testing, engineering, specifications, project, complex problem, design solutions, document, technical support, test or analysis plan, product verification, product validation, embedded software, test engineer, align software test activities, embedded software process, perform testing, plan and develop testing, bench ad machine testing, update software, debug software, test tractors, automated testing, develop scripts, develop set up, engineering, troubleshoot and identify solutions, electrical components, operate construction, forestry equipment, software tests, software tools, software processes, data testing, data tools, data processes, development of software, suppliers, testing supplier software, electrical and electronic controls and components, CAN communications, controller area network, CAN, mechanical systems, software engineering, hydraulic systems, electro-hydraulic systems, powertrain systems, hydrostatic systems
Use Programming Language