Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as a Digital Graphic Designer and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, 'there's got to be a better way to do this,' then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too!
What you will be doing:
As a member of the Brand Design Team, the Digital Graphic Designer crafts modern, brand-right experiences for all OXO online touchpoints including OXO.com, email, social media, and retail customer e-commerce sites. He or she guides the creation of photography, copy and visuals for digital use that support the OXO positioning.
This person will have a detailed understanding of how to visually realize the OXO brand strategy throughout the digital journey and conceives solutions that are memorable, breathtaking and on-brand.
The Digital Graphic Designer is a creative leader, selling solutions to internal partners based on an understanding of business priorities. He or she helps optimize the Brand Design Team by recognizing opportunities for improvement in process, and partnering with the Production and Project Managers to implement innovation across the team.
The Digital Graphic Designer works closely with the Design Director, Copywriters, Retouchers, Designers and Project Managers.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Build visual solutions for site assets, email campaigns, and social media
- Understand, embody and deploy the OXO brand identity system
- Work cross-functionally with creative, product management, sales and brand communications teams
- Contribute to, attend and art direct photo shoots with the ability to build brand-right, focused, compelling imagery for online use
- Design approximately 30 digital projects per week in a fast-paced environment
- Present your work weekly to internal partners
- Digital designer is NOT responsible for coding or production, but must have a proficiency in modern, effective design for 2D and e-commerce
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- An extreme, modern, bold yet minimalist design aesthetic
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design from an accredited four-year college
- 8+ years of professional graphic design experience with an emphasis on digital design
- History crafting digital touchpoints for consumer products, retail brands, or major branding firms with clients in the consumer branding space
- Understanding of digital design-related processes including e-commerce best practices, branding for the web, photography, and retouching
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Familiarity with Basecamp and Smartsheets
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Adobe In Design