IT Project Manager V– (Houston, Texas)
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, is looking to hire an IT Project Manager V on a 1 year contract basis in Houston.
- The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from providing support for small to medium projects to contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage development of strategic or tactical business plans.
- Facilitate CHDEP processes in IT projects, product management, budget alignment, service level management, IT services management e.g. management of TCOE
- Program Manager 10+ years’ experience
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates a cross-functional team’s activities to manage and implement project and/or interrelated Programs from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
- Leads the project/Program team(s) in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
- Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements and client's long-term goals.
- Facilitates status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Works with senior management on project/Program proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
- Proposes and develops add-on Program opportunities.
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key Program criteria.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
- Identifies and recommends contingency measures.
- Leads the Program team(s) in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
- Determines, monitors, and reviews all Program economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, sub-contractors, resources, and risk.
- Works with senior management on Program proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
- Controls project/Program requirements, cost, scope, and change management issues.
- Typically manages a program with multiple projects having a team size of around 50 -80 FTE
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 952279
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile