Our client is a provider of foodservice equipment and smallwares to local and national restaurants They are a full-service dealer; they support their products with project management assistance, site visits, design, and food service drawings. Because of that focus they are in need of a foodservice equipment project engineer to support our sales team.
In this role the project engineer will work closely with sales, the customer, trades on site, the customer’s architect, and engineers. Responsibilities include assisting with pricing, creation or maintenance of drawings, site visits to check critical phases of the construction process related to our scope, assisting with ordering the project, and answering questions through the life of the project. Drawings we provide are floor plans, schedules, basic electrical plans, basic plumbing plans, and elevations. The position can also include taking field dimensions for new projects to begin the design process.
- Assist sales with equipment projects. Tasks can include working with vendors on scope, obtaining vendor pricing, putting together customer bids, reviewing BEST drawings, and reviewing vendor drawings.
- Foodservice project management. This can include site visits to check undergrounds, wall checks for critical dimensions, plumbing, and electric, and being the project coordinator for deliveries, dates, and information.
- Knowledge source for customers, trades, vendors, and installers.
- Ability to read and understand drawings from sales, customers, architects, and factories.
- Work with sales, architects, engineers, and end users.
- As needed create or modify foodservice architectural drawings. To include floor plan, schedule, elevations, basic electric and plumbing sheets and coordinate with factory drawings.
- Ability to fill in the details. Research and find information to provide accurate and complete drawings.
- Ability to work with e-mail and Microsoft Office.
- Must be task oriented.
- Must be organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Prior project engineer or project management experience. Foodservice project experience a plus.
- Proficient at AutoCAD. We stay up to date and use the most recent versions of Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Experience working with and creating architectural drawings.
- High school diploma with a preference for a two-year degree or above in a related field.
- Special consideration given to those with AutoCAD and Revit proficiency. Our industry is moving towards Revit, but still primarily AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of KCL or AQ a definite plus.
Attention To Detail