Production Manager (Specialty Chemical, Catalysts, Precious Metals)
Summary: Exciting Direct Hire opportunity for a Production Manager! This is a great opportunity for a current Supervisor who wants to take their career to the next level! The ideal candidate will have a BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment. The position will have 5 direct reports.
The Production Manager is responsible for directing operations in production units. This includes overseeing the performance of production superintendents with direct responsibility for the operation of designated production areas (Chemicals, Supported Catalysts and Small Volume Chemicals (SVC) departments).
- Maintaining a safe working environment for personnel by providing training, equipment or operation changes, equipment maintenance, and meetings on safety and air monitoring.
- Controlling and reducing metal-related costs and improving metal accountability.
- Managing precious metal with minimum loss and tie-up
- Assuring the timely output of a quality product at minimum cost, recover precious metals from a variety of materials and prepare these materials for sampling to determine metal content.
- Providing a positive impression of company through contact with customers or their representatives.
- Upholding company rules and regulations of employment and union contract.
- Providing an accurate accounting of individual jobs by completing necessary paperwork and maintaining metal security at all times.
- Evaluating operations for improvement to optimize equipment capacity or manpower utilization to improve sales and/or profit objectives.
- Informing and interacting with all levels of management through timely and effective communications.
- Motivating and developing employees through selection, training and development.
- Ensuring operations meet all production/customer commitments, quality standards and customer specifications.
- Controlling and reducing metal-related production costs through metal tracking, process/yield improvements, and scheduling to achieve rapid turnaround time and minimize metal holdings.
- Initiating process improvements, cost control procedures and yield improvements to enhance the overall efficiency and cost effectiveness of production operations.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline with an in-depth knowledge of the principles of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering is required.
- Must have a minimum eight (8) years of experience in a batch and/or continuous batch chemical process.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Precious metal fabrication or process experience preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Product Quality Assurance