Commodity Manager II
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Commodity Manager II
located in Danville, IL. The Parts Distribution Center (PDC) is the primary parts distribution center for the North America and several global export markets.
HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
The Commodity Manager II
will be responsible for the on-going maintenance of Global and Regional suppliers with a purchase spend of $15m - $30m. Scope includes materials and components for Production requirements and parts purchased for Aftermarket from common suppliers. This includes:
- Supplier selection and management of all cost control activities (maintain and reduce) for current model parts required to ensure product margins are maintained and improved throughout a models life. Achieve a 0%-3% net reduction in annualized material purchase cost
- Manage the business relationship between HYG and a number of medium to high spend suppliers; managing, establishing, communicating and measuring performance towards HYG's annual performance expectations for quality, delivery, cost, warranty and other. Implement corrective actions with suppliers when expectations are not being met
- Taking the lead role in the outsourcing of current manufactured parts where required to competitive LCC and local suppliers consistent with our Global Manufacturing strategy
- Responsible for all production material sourcing decisions for all relevant operations. Provide a liaison between Plants and suppliers. Resolve quality and delivery issues with suppliers
- Implement Global Procurement programs: ACR (Annual Cost Review meetings), APR (Annual Process Review meetings), LCC (Low Cost Country) sourcing and consolidation plans to meet HYG's financial objectives
- Negotiate and maintain Master Supply Agreements (MSA) with key suppliers
- Maintain a level of technical competence that enables strategic evaluation of engineering, manufacturing and quality systems for each supplier.
The Commodity Manager II
Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
Achieving 0% - 3% net reduction in annualized material purchase cost (up to 2% of Purchase Base). Supplier selection and initial price establishment that meets &/or exceeds schedule & cost objectives per project schedules. Negotiate pricing and terms that meet HYG's annual inflation/financial objectives. Develop new VIP proposals with suppliers resulting in lower cost and/or improved quality. organization.
Supply Base Management
Establish and maintain assigned global supply base that operates in partnership fashion with HYG to jointly deliver the best technology and quality products for the lowest possible acquisition cost. Develop, maintain and support global &/or regional sourcing strategies (participating as leader &/or team member) that support HYG's Component Application Strategies. Utilize ASE's, ACR, APR, VIP's, and LCC sourcing, and consolidation plans to meet annual financial, engineering & production objectives.
Supply Base Performance
Improve Supply Base performance to meet or exceed HYG Supply Chain Strategic Framework deliverables
Project Management: Project Management responsibility for Procurement & Supply chain projects.
Contribute to project schedule development
Manage project plans & deliverables
Manage project timeline and exception process
Capability Assessment of New and Existing Suppliers (Global and Domestic)
To select the world's best suppliers, which support HYG's objectives, through on site audits and evaluations of products, operations and systems.
The Successful Commodity Manager II
Must Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree (Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Logistics preferred).
- Broad Business and Commercial knowledge. 5-7 years of Industry Experience, with minimum 3 years of direct experience in procurement or related supply chain function.
- Broad Purchasing knowledge and skills. International and Domestic Purchasing Practices and Procedures.
- Advanced Negotiation and Problem Resolution Skills.
- Business Management Systems (DFT, JIT, MRPII, TQM).
- Technical Systems, Applications and Industry Standards of Purchased Commodities
HYG US Danville, IL
1010 East Fairchild Street
Relocation Assistance Available
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.