Manage all aspects of departmental administration including financial and clinical operations, faculty affairs, human resources, and other diverse issues. Provide leadership and management when coordinating these activities; to collaborate with Department Chairs, practice group administrators, nurse managers, and other members of the MFA administrative team in achieving the goals and objectives of the departments and the MFA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Coordinates, in conjunction with Practice Group Administrator and the physician leaders the human resource functions for non-clinical staff including hiring, performance evaluations, counseling, terminations, promotions, wage/salary adjustments, disciplinary decisions, and grievance procedure; coordinates, in conjunction with the physician leader, the logistics of administrative human resource functions for clinical staff; assists in the development and implementation of programs designed to retain staff and enhance teamwork among working groups; oversees payroll activities of patient care support staff.
- Develops revises and implements standards and policies for financial and operational aspects of patient care goals and objectives.
- In conjunction with the practice group administrator, physician leaders, and nurse managers determines the composition
- Responsible for provider capacity management to assure the delivery of effective and patient-centric care.
- Prioritizes workload demands, establishing productivity expectations, and cross-covering functions within and across areas as needed.
- Directs /oversees all financial management activities including the development of annual operating and capital budgets; monitors performance against the budget on a monthly basis, explaining variances and taking corrective action as necessary in conjunction with the PGA.
- Continuously develops, reviews, implements and reassesses plans for achieving the goals and objectives of the departments consistent with the strategic plan and changing needs of the MFA.
- Participates in the implementation of procedures, collection of data, and development of systems to meet contractual requirements of insurer groups.
- Develops group practice orientation for new hires; coordinates the training of staff; leads a multi-disciplinary team in providing a strong and consistent customer service orientation; maintains records on training activities.
- Assists with the service line development and implementation and execution of marketing plans to promote patient services and programs both internally and externally.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a focus in Finance, Healthcare, or a related field is necessary.
- A Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience is highly preferred.
- Four to six years of practice management experience with interacting with patients and physicians.
- Understanding of revenue cycle.
- Patient care support services management and supervisory experience are necessary.
- Experience in appropriate clinical specialties is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced pace department is required.
- Business Administration
- Clinical Works
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Service