Talkiatry is currently seeking Staff Psychiatrists to join our Texas team of licensed providers as we expand into the market. With plans to open office space in 2022, providers will have the option to work 100% telehealth OR on-site.
Founded in April 2020, Talkiatry has been built from the ground up by psychiatrists. We have rapidly grown to a team of over 50 clinicians mostly comprised of board-certified Psychiatrists hailing from the top training programs across the region.
We provide in-network, outpatient treatment for children and adults with depressive, anxiety, attention and other disorders. Talkiatry does not provide intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization programs. We believe that solving the accessibility issues in mental health care begins with taking care of our doctors . We provide solutions to the challenges that psychiatrists are facing - from a lack of front and back-office infrastructure and support in private practice settings to being overworked and underpaid by hospitals, clinics, and other institutions. Talkiatry aims to bridge the current gap in outpatient psychiatry by providing high quality, respected medical care in a modern setting with modern tools.
We encourage our physicians to take advantage of training and research opportunities at Talkiatry that are typically unavailable outside of large institutions. We also advocate for our psychiatrists to continue their hospital affiliations, research, and conference attendance in order to continue to practice psychiatry at the highest level. Practicing Psychiatrists and/or residents and fellows who are in or about to start their final year of training are encouraged to apply! Please feel free to reach out directly to our recruiting team at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Psychiatrist
Market-leading compensation - Competitive base salary coupled with productivity-based income. You retain a high percentage of your earnings; we pay at the top of the market.
- A comprehensive employee benefits package designed specifically for high earning physicians. We cover up to 100% of your healthcare costs, even for large families.
Lighter administrative burden and schedule flexibility – you can just focus on providing great care, while maintaining control over your schedule. We will handle prior-authorizations, patient scheduling, billing, and various other support functions.
- The efficiency of Talkiatry’s practice benefits you. Because of our single specialty focus, scale and technology we enjoy better reimbursement rates while maintaining lower practice expenses allowing us to pass the economic benefits to our psychiatrists.
- We have developed custom technology driven solutions for psychiatry, including an integrated EMR which supports provider-to-patient messaging, telemedicine, direct lab integration and proprietary tools to track and gain insight into your patients’ outcomes.
- You select a patient population according to your criteria to ensure you are seeing the patient population you find intellectually challenging and are interested in treating. Our patient intake process is robust and can be adjusted in real time to allow you to balance the acuity and diagnoses of the patient population you are treating.
We know quality care takes time. Spend a full hour for adult intakes and 30 minutes on medication management visits. Geriatric or child and adolescent intake are allotted 75 minutes and follow-up appointments have the flexibility for 45 minutes. Most importantly, you have the flexibility to decide what is appropriate for your patient.
A strong in-house referral network that allows you to refer patients to specialists and therapists whose practice exclusively supports patients our psychiatrists are actively treating. Best of all, clinical information is shared seamlessly through our EMR.
- Flexible hours and patient criteria
- Few administrative burdens with full time, on site billing and scheduling services
- Location, Location, Location! Option for telehealth, in office, OR a combination!
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance: Up to 100% of insurance costs
- 100% Employer paid malpractice coverage
- Competitive 401K match with immediate vesting
- PTO and paid holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- CME $$ & time!
- Board eligible or certified in Psychiatry. Subspecialties strongly encouraged to apply.
- Active and unrestricted TX license to practice medicine and DEA number. We are able to assist in obtaining licensure as needed.
- Excellent clinical knowledge and communication skills.
- A willingness to learn new or streamlined EMR tools.
- A proactive approach with a strong work ethic and desire to participate in a collaborative environment.
- A commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care.
Increasing access to high quality psychiatric care is why Talkiatry exists. We knew that to accomplish our mission we needed to begin by building the ideal practice for psychiatrists.
At Talkiatry, that means our psychiatrists are in control of their practice. Our support staff focuses on removing administrative duties, enabling you to spend more of your time on patient care. It also means providing flexibility in where and when you practice medicine. Our psychiatrists can choose to see patients in-person at our beautifully custom-built offices or treat their patients using telepsychiatry. Our psychiatrists also enjoy control over their hours and schedule.
Through proprietary technology developed by psychiatrists for psychiatrists, we empower you to treat the conditions and population you enjoy, building a practice you find both satisfying and intellectually challenging. This is made possible by Talkiatry’s patent pending technology that matches patients to your preferences and allows you to gain never before seen insights into their progress. Have a patient that needs a therapist? No problem. Our psychiatrists enjoy exceptional working relationships with our in-house therapists whose practice is exclusively tailored to support patients under the care of a psychiatrist.
Talkiatry believes that psychiatric care should be affordable for patients and accepts all major insurance. As an integrated practice, we have a large in-house billing and patient care coordinator team that handles billing and administrative issues for our clinical staff.
Talkiatry is helmed clinically by Dr. Georgia Gaveras, a board-certified child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist with an additional board-certification in addiction medicine. Dr. Gaveras previously served as the Director of the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) at Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn. Prior to that, she served as director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry education at Mount Sinai West and Morningside Hospitals. She has also held numerous academic appointments in over 15 years in medicine, including service at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine.
To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff PsychiatristAt Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- Medication Therapy Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Health Care
- Electronic Medical Record