To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI 48901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Reinsurance Accounting Specialist
Accident Fund Holdings, Inc • Lansing, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for performing bookkeeping, regulatory reporting and related support duties for all reinsurance contracts and alternative markets (i.e. assigned risk, fronting arrangements etc.,) within the Enterprise. Contacts include various customers and vendors of the Enterprise, both internal and external, including reinsurers, insured's, claimants, regulatory agencies, and agents. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining accurate, compliant financial records through journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reports for the Enterprise.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly bordereaux reports and invoices on behalf of Accident Fund and all subsidiaries for reporting to and requesting reimbursement from reinsurers.
- Prepares all monthly and quarterly journal entries related to reinsurance billings, receivables, recoverables, ceded premium and losses for entities in the enterprise.
- Prepares allocation worksheets for purposes of assignment of balance sheet and income statement amounts to each subsidiary.
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts, proposing and making independent general ledger entries when necessary.
- Compiles and maintains various financial schedules and reports for all entities, including both regulatory and external.
- Assists in the preparation of Statutory Schedule F statements for all entities.
- Prepares complex external reporting with regulators, external customers, and NCCI.
- Completes ad hoc requests from various internal and external customers, through system analysis and review; including, but not limited to, error resolution, system support and financial statement support.
- Supports both external and internal audits of financial, tax and regulatory financial reports and filings by providing detail schedules and support as requested.
- Proposes efficiency opportunities or makes recommendations for improvements.
- Performs standard quality assurance reviews on Accounting transactions, with subsequent communication to management on control weaknesses or other issues.
- Prepares, maintains and verifies data accuracy in ancillary systems; conducts appropriate audits where applicable.
- Responds to internal and external customer requests via telephone or written correspondence. Correspondence is drafted as required to address complaints or information requests.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.