Travel Required: None
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission. Specifically, GDIT performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of OBIM infrastructure components, production and non-production environments, and associated OBIM functionality and business systems. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). And GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
GDIT is looking for a Systems Engineer to support operations and maintenance of the application tier in production and non-production environments. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Administering and maintaining a large-scale biometric matching system
• Working with stakeholders, developers and vendor to identify causes of system/code issues and work towards the resolution of identified issues
• Deploying code and maintaining baseline across multiple environments
• Working with security team on an on-going basis to ensure COTS compliance with DHS security standards
• Participating in an on-call rotation and function as an off-hours point of contact in case of unplanned events.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain/maintain Final Suitability
• Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience in relevant fields
• Working experience with application server administration, such as Red Hat JBoss/WildFly (preferable), Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree in computer engineering, systems engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study
• 8+ years of directly related experience
• In addition to Red Hat JBoss/WildFly application server administration, working knowledge with Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Fusion Middleware administration, managing multiple application domains and setting and configuring multiple authenticators
• Working knowledge with TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS)
• Configuration management experience using automated tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
• Working knowledge with web services
• Working knowledge with Git/GitHub
• Developing SQL scripts
• Developing Jython scripts
• Experience with network administration and troubleshooting
• Working knowledge with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager, setting up and configuring VIPs and server pools and developing and configuring iRules
• Working knowledge with BMC Remedy
• Excellent communication skills
• Certification in any of the following is desired:
o ITIL Foundation
o Amazon Web Services (AWS)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Web Services